Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Is the price of gas hindering your out-of-state or in-state hunt plans?

Are high gas prices forcing you to eliminate your hunting plans>

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
A once or twice a year trip that improves my mental health is worth whatever it takes. Would I stop hunting if tags went up $200? No. $300? No. No different for fuel. Just plan accordingly.

Just paid 6.29 for regular unleaded today in OC, Ca. Hoping Nv, Ut, and Co are more friendly in a few weeks. Can't say I've ever set aside as much cash to go hunt, and the majority of the budget is fuel. It's a pain in the ass to size everything down to do this solo from my Subaru Forester. 7 buck a gallon diesel is just crazy and my truck is staying parked. You can bet I'm mailing in my ballot before I leave! This is insane.

Having 3 kids under the age of 8 is my main reason for not being able to make a trip west. Trying to be prepared and not have maybe the best gear is something I've been working on for a few years. Last thing left on the list is the zoleo. Gas prices certainly don't help but kids are the big reason not being able to hunt out of state much for me.

Gas is now $4.06 a gall here where I am in Montana. They don't have a sales tax on other goods, everything is exempt I believe, so the state generates revene thru the gas tax.
Choose your poison.

Just added up my fuel for my elk hunt this year $1400. OUCH! I would do it all over in a heartbeat!

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htcooke
Back