Caribou Gear

IS THE 223 Enuff gun

B

bcat

Is the 223 enuff gun for a hunt in Alaska for Kodiack bears on Kodiack Island? I have two BIG clips for my 223, is it enuff gum for the job!!!!!??????? :D :D :D bcat

Depends on:
1. How big are the clips?
2. Is it full-auto or semi-auto?
3. Are you using 70 gr bullets or 50 grainers?
4. You WILL be shooting at ranges of five feet or less, right?

;) ;) :D :D

[ 02 May 2001: Message edited by: Calif. Hunter ]

In the right hands, I guarantee ya you could kill a Kodiak bear with this weapon!! Even without the BIG CLIPS!!! :D :D :D I was gonna post a bb gun , but thats rediculous!!! :D :DY shoulkd give me a Jingle sometime Calif Hunter!!! bcat

:D :D :D I believe ya John!!!!! :D :D :D I have one of those also!!! couple inches aboove the eyeballs, and directly in the center!!!! Seems to do some real damage to their central nervous system doesnt it??? :D bcat

I believe there shooting slow elk, Bill.(cows)
Bcat, you get one bullet and one charging grizzly with a 223 in hand.
I will be in the tree behind you filming, but when your 223 fails to do the job and the griz is done having his way with ya, I will pop him with something a little bigger. 300? 338? 45-70?I just cant decide,but if I'm in griz country you can bet I will not be carrying a 223 or a damn BB gun.

moosie
every moron knows you can use a ballistic tip on bears it will do to much meat damage.

Delw

Hes learened how to make the first shot count HUH John????? :D :D :D I hate it when ya miss the mark just a little bit, and then they go NUTS!!!!!! bcat

Back