• Thank you for creating an account on Hunt Talk! We require that all new users contribute at least 10 posts before gaining the ability to start new threads. Once you have made 10 posts, you will be able to start new threads in the forum.

IS THE 223 Enuff gun

B

bcat

Is the 223 enuff gun for a hunt in Alaska for Kodiack bears on Kodiack Island? I have two BIG clips for my 223, is it enuff gum for the job!!!!!??????? :D :D :D bcat

Calif. Hunter

Depends on:
1. How big are the clips?
2. Is it full-auto or semi-auto?
3. Are you using 70 gr bullets or 50 grainers?
4. You WILL be shooting at ranges of five feet or less, right?

;) ;) :D :D

[ 02 May 2001: Message edited by: Calif. Hunter ]

B

bcat

In the right hands, I guarantee ya you could kill a Kodiak bear with this weapon!! Even without the BIG CLIPS!!! :D :D :D I was gonna post a bb gun , but thats rediculous!!! :D :DY shoulkd give me a Jingle sometime Calif Hunter!!! bcat

B

bcat

:D :D :D I believe ya John!!!!! :D :D :D I have one of those also!!! couple inches aboove the eyeballs, and directly in the center!!!! Seems to do some real damage to their central nervous system doesnt it??? :D bcat

Rocky Mtn. Oyster

I believe there shooting slow elk, Bill.(cows)
Bcat, you get one bullet and one charging grizzly with a 223 in hand.
I will be in the tree behind you filming, but when your 223 fails to do the job and the griz is done having his way with ya, I will pop him with something a little bigger. 300? 338? 45-70?I just cant decide,but if I'm in griz country you can bet I will not be carrying a 223 or a damn BB gun.

Delw

moosie
every moron knows you can use a ballistic tip on bears it will do to much meat damage.

Delw

B

bcat

Hes learened how to make the first shot count HUH John????? :D :D :D I hate it when ya miss the mark just a little bit, and then they go NUTS!!!!!! bcat