Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Is it like this every year?

thatsjet

My first year hunting ever, I've drawn a great tag for Buck Deer in my home state, and I literally can't sleep for all the dreaming and scheming. I open Google Earth at least a few times a day to look for water and cover around nearby meadows. I have tons of layers for access points, distances from roads, and such plugged in not to mention transferring KML files back and forth to/from OnX maps.

Am I nuts? Will I be less crazy next year?

Sounds like a great start to a lifetime of adventures and memories to come. Saddle up little buddy and get ready. Congrats and good luck.

Am I nuts? Will I be less crazy next year?
There are enough hunts out there to fill up thousands of years. Yet, we just have one little lifetime to pick a handful of the best. It's like eating from an endless buffet. Come the day after season ends I'm either licking my wounds for the missteps I made, or glorying in my successes. This lasts about a month, then it's back to hundreds of hours of poring over maps, strategizing, filling up notebooks and cell phone GBs with notes, scouting, and practicing. Being a hunting addict keeps you healthy and enjoying the outdoors, although your wallet might complain a little here and there.

2017 it transitioned to elk crazy
Hey neighbor. Do youhunt the coastal general elk season or out East? I put in for Zumwalt cow but didn't get anything. Hopefully next year. Also planning to try for a leftover elk tag when they drop on the first. If I get one of those it will be a whole nother level of crazy up in here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Iceman1992
Back