PEAX Equipment

Is it chilly in here?

Yeah, it’s been weird. I’m actually sitting in ND this weekend, but same story. Forecast has been for colder/wetter than average all winter and that certainly has yet to materialize. We’ll see if this is just a blip I guess. No real precip still.
A little meteorological background on why the la Nina forecasted hasn't materialized.

I plan on checking a few trail cameras, but other than that, mainly boozing while I sit by the space heater.
Checking trail cams in sub zero... my instant reminder to self is buzz the nosehairs! My pet peeve during those times are frozen nosehairs binding...

Yeesh! I'm getting old-er.

Colorado starts at Georgetown, yeah winters are lame in west Kansas.

Spend a winter in Fraser and report back.

nah, you can at least call yourself a coloradan if you grew up west of i25

i guess that puts the capitol building in kansas.... 🤔

View attachment 172894

I think it’s supposed to climb to -15* today with -30’s windchill. So glad it’s Super Bowl weekend. Going to help a friend check traps today, then hunkering down. Supposed to be colder tomorrow.

Certainly not the coldest ever, but it sure seems to hurt a lot more after it’s been so mild all winter. I was walking around in shirtsleeves a couple days ago! 😁

Hope everyone is staying warm this weekend. If you are avoiding the cold, what do you have planned to keep yourself entertained?
Chilly in north central MT today too! Me and my boys had an ice fishing trip to peck planned but wisely I think canceled. Guess I will do something creative in the house and watch the game Sunday.

Did get outside to check traps. My eyelashes kept freezing together. Truck never showed above -18. Caught two coyotes, but it’s going to take a couple days to thaw them out. Stopped by another buddy’s house to feed his dogs...furnace wasn’t working and pipes were frozen.

These cold snaps always have a way of turning into a lot of work.

Did get outside to check traps. My eyelashes kept freezing together. Truck never showed above -18. Caught two coyotes, but it’s going to take a couple days to thaw them out. Stopped by another buddy’s house to feed his dogs...furnace wasn’t working and pipes were frozen.

These cold snaps always have a way of turning into a lot of work.
Crap, I read your post and got to thinking I had better check my pipes. I have a couple that some idiot ran along the outer wall when they built the place. Sure enuf, one's blocked, but I think I caught it in time

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mthunter137
Back