Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Is a white turkey common?

JB Florida

I have been seeing 2 white gobblers & one white hen for the last few years.
One of the gobblers has some brown at the tips of his wings as does the hen.
He was with 16 others in a foodplot Sunday morning.
Is this breeding with domistic stock?

Oh yeah, If you find this interesting,
I will take photo of one or all of them
& I'll post some turkey photos where we feed the deer once our season ends at the end of January....

Thanks for the answer!
JB

JB, don't know how common it is but sometimes you just get an albino turkey. I have seen where turkeys have gotten mixed w/ tame turkeys and they turn out all different colors. Anything from all white to speckled to bronze. Sorry I can't really answer your question but, I would love to see the pictures.

MB

------------------
rabbit2.gif

that is unusuall i have never personally seen them but have heard of albino turkey!?! sounds like cool birds and by all means post some pics of them, better yet wait till spring and lets see you holding one of them!

------------------
"in the Spring we Strut and in the Fall we Rut"
ff1158a8.gif.orig.gif

Ok Guys,

When I start feeding the deer Feb 1st
I'll set up a camera near the roost they use.

I don't really turkey hunt but maybe I can get a photo of
smile.gif
someone
smile.gif
holding one!
Sea Ya,
JB

I've only seen one white turkey in the wild. She hung around a farm that we hunted on for a couple of years. As i remember she was snow white with a regular colored head. This area had a fall season with hens being legal and I think someone popped her.

------------------
Woodslizard

Hey Guys, Tell me something,

This time of year, I see hens in large flocks
like usually over 25 birds and on Saturday I saw one flock over 50 (lost count, as they fed)

I know where most of the roosts in my area are and none have that many birds together
that I know of anyway. Usually, there are 20 to 30 together and in the gobblers 10 to 15.

So do they bunch-up during the day of has the population grown that much?

I know we have had good recruitment the last few years. Also, i'm sure the increased planting & feeding we have done for the deer
helps the birds too.
What do ya think?
Thanks,
JB

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrturtle
Back