Iowa/LSU Women’s BBall tonite

At the gym in the morning I’m going to suggest to a retired NDSU Vice-President that a few wealthy farmers or Tech company types put up $3 million to go out and hire three of the South Carolina girls to play for NDSU next year. Imagine the exposure to the university. That’s how college sports now days.
Those southern girls are going to be a little slower come winter time in Fargo. Might even be frozen solid.

I thought Iowa played like they knew they were in trouble & for good cause. Wide open layups missed & rebounding at either end wasn't gonna happen in that forest. SC's long distance shooters were the other hammer. Great team & I thought Staley very gracious.

My takeaway's were that Iowa didn't have anyone step up. Clark tried carry the team, but you can only do so much for so long, and playing as hard as she did, for as long as she did in the this tourney, with the defense she had to contend with (which was again incredibly good and intense), she was just gassed and didn't have the legs and couldn't find the rhythm (except that first quarter). Martin couldn't finish all those mid ranges that she has in the past. At one point Iowa's bench had 0 points to SC's 36. Ref's apparently don't call over the back (I think there was only 1 called the entire game). SC shooters stepped up and had a helluva game. At one point one of their freshman was shooting 7 for 10... hard to keep pace when they're that hot. I agree with others, SC is only going to get better next year, those freshman... holy cow they were good.

Raven Johnson did a masterful job on Clark...the biggest what if, IMO, even with the rebounds discrepancy, was Clark's below %'age 3's (accredit Johnson's doggedness) and Iowa's blown 'bunnies'.

Clark shot 5 for 13 on her threes which is 38.5%, which is not a bad percentage. Her two point shots, she was 5 for 15...33.33%.

It's been a long time since this old man played basketball, but when I did, it was as an undersized front court player. Everything works well, until you run into someone who just can get a fair bit higher than you can. That is what happened to Iowa. South Carolina had a distinct height advantage. The way South Carolina dominated the boards, the only chance for Iowa was to shoot the lights out on three point shots. Clark did that for one quarter, then the reversion to the mean started to happen.

It was a great event for women's basketball.

Be honest, how much do you guys think you'll enjoy watching Clark in the WNBA? ..and I realize that NIL and the transfer portal has forever changed 'amateur' collegiate and even high school sports.

Be honest, how much do you guys think you'll enjoy watching Clark in the WNBA? ..and I realize that NIL and the transfer portal has forever changed 'amateur' collegiate and even high school sports.
I will probably wait until mid-season and then watch 2 or 3 games. 90% chance I am bored and never watch again. 10% it catches my interest. But then again I find the NBA unbelievably boring (see info graphic above), so there is that.

probably not at all. Clark shouldhave stayed for her last year, imho
I think her body language showed she was done with that about 4 weeks ago. Time to move on. If she is even half way decent (3rd team all WNBA) she will continue to collect endorsements at a healthy rate - a straight midwestern white women with a built in fan base - an easy “ad buy”.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back