NEW SITKA Ambient 75

Iowa/LSU Women’s BBall tonite

It is LeBron's willingness to weigh in on political issues that is a major reason, so many dislike him. It confronts their world view. Kinda like I'm not a big Curt Shilling fan.

I disagree. In fact, I think it makes him more popular, today. Jordan could not have done the same in his day.

It's Lebron's self proclaimed ''King'' status that turned me off of him.

I disagree. In fact, I think it makes him more popular, today. Jordan could not have done the same in his day.

It's Lebron's self proclaimed ''King'' status that turned me off of him.

There were black athletes making political statements well before Jordan. Ali, Jim Brown, Tommie Smith, John Carlos, Kareem, etc all came before Jordan. Jordan chose to remain on the sideline, his choice.

It is LeBron's willingness to weigh in on political issues that is a major reason, so many dislike him.

It’s LeBron’s flopping and any little contact he acts like he was hit by a truck that turns me off. I’m ready for him to retire or move to another team so I can watch it again. Pretty hard to cheer for another team with your first name is Laker

There needs to be a stop the flop campaign on all levels of basketball. They need to start doling out technicals when basketball players act like soccer players.

LeBron also shunned his hometown to chase a ring, and kept chasing rings and money the rest of his career. Chalk me up in the camp that he doesn't make top 5, maybe not top 10. Hell, I'd take Big Shot Bob over LeBiach

LeBron also shunned his hometown to chase a ring, and kept chasing rings and money the rest of his career. Chalk me up in the camp that he doesn't make top 5, maybe not top 10. Hell, I'd take Big Shot Bob over LeBiach
IMO LeBron is clearly top 5 - not even close. But within top 5 there is much to be discussed.

A person is not being at all logical if they place the all time leading scorer outside the top 5.

That takes so much sustained excellence. The object of the game is to put the ball in the basket. No one has done it more than him.

A person is not being at all logical if they place the all time leading scorer outside the top 5.

That takes so much sustained excellence. The object of the game is to put the ball in the basket. No one has done it more than him.
If even a mediocre player plays 30 years he's gonna score a hell of a lot more than he woukd at say 8 or 12 years.

Hard to compare paper stats between generations. Medical so much better and lets these guys play to 40 instead of 32. So many more points per game in some eras vs others due to rules changes and officiating rigor. I don't think Kareem was clear No. 1 until a year ago and then LeBron is clear No. 1 just in the last 13 months. And LeBron only No. 7 in points per game and there is no way he should be ranked that low. Points may be the point of the game, but they alone cannot answer the question.

A person is not being at all logical
if they don't acknowledge the differences that exist.
-He started 4 years before anyone else in the running
-He's on more PEDs that anyone else in the running
-If a player looks at him cross he gets to go to the line for an "And one."
-He should have 2 less titles had he not gamed his way via "the decision" into forming the first "super team".
-He's got two BRONZE Olympic metals.
-He gets to "travel" on every drive to the basket.
-Jordan, Russell, Robertson, Chamberlain, Kareem.

But yes, I'll admit it's not always logical.

Momentarily semi back on track...difference between a #6 (wimmens ncaa & WNBA) and #7 (male chauvinists) bball is 1" in circumference and 2oz weight, but fact, the WNBA ball looks like a beachball in flight.

-He should have 2 less titles had he not gamed his way via "the decision" into forming the first "super team".

preach-sister.gif

Look at the defense now compared to previous generations. Trying to score while getting steam rolled and not picking up foul.

Larry, Shaq, Magic, Lebron and Kobe have to be in the discussion too. Your 5 + those is probably the top 10 without too much whining. I would go Jordan, LeBron, Larry, Shaq, Kareem, Magic, Kobe, Russel, Chamberlain, Robertson in that order off the top of my head.

Last edited:
Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back