Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Iowa late muzzleloader

You have much higher standards than I do... Well done on the hunt and thanks for sharing.

The late muzzleloader season has been over since January 10, so it is time I finish the post! The season ended quite cold, -8 the last morning. Tons of deer were coming to the fields to feed and it was fun to see 20+ deer all in range, some as close as 10 yards. In the end I decided not to harvest a deer during the late muzzleloader season as I already had enough does in the freezer for meat and I just couldn't seem to find the right buck. The one buck that I would have shot, I found his left side shed the last day of the season and didn't see him come to the field until after dark.

On a humerus side note, we have been having a 3 legged shed antler buck make its home right on our silage bag and only moves out of the way enough for the skid loader to get a scoop and immediately lays back down. The dog however, got a little to close and just because the deer has 3 legs does not mean that it can't get after it still! I haven't seen that old lab run like that in a few years!

Attachments

• IMG_0228.JPG
    IMG_0228.JPG
    96.6 KB · Views: 439
  • IMG_0230.JPG
    IMG_0230.JPG
    45.1 KB · Views: 494

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member