Iowa Hunting Partner

IsThisHeaven?

I recently moved to Iowa. I don't really know anybody here who hunts. I am looking for a hunting partner. I hunt deer and turkeys but I'd like to try a few new options too like pheasant, duck, and coyote amongst other things. I am pretty laid back and low key. I am also looking to put together a group or get in group that goes on a trip or two every year. I went to Wyoming last fall and killed a good mulie buck on public land. PM me or post below. Thanks.

Matt

Just go stand near a piece of public land during the gun season. You will meet tons of hunters

I would get a good lab, a boat, and get yourself on any water = hunt ducks, geese too ofcourse!! Do a little scouting and find a good place and go man. Quail.

More Info..........

My exact thoughts.

Let us know more about yourself. Age, where you live.....

good luck to all
the dog

I am 31 years old. I live in the Des Moines area. Not sure what other info to post that wasn't in my original post. I'm really just trying to find somebody or a group to hunt with. I'm not looking to hunt on anybody's private land or public hot spot or anything. I have my own access secured. You all know what its like. You work all week, you want to spend your free time talking hunting. Thanks for your time.

Matt

Matt, I don't live there, But I know where you are at, and I feel for ya! Give it time, Find the shooting ranges, sportsmans stuff you'll get hooked up. Maybe someone you work with. It's tough when you're the new kid but it comes together. Now may, Naw you wouldn't appreciate my humor. Anyway keep the faith, you'll find 'em.

Matt, I don't live there, But I know where you are at, and I feel for ya! Give it time, Find the shooting ranges, sportsmans stuff you'll get hooked up. Maybe someone you work with. It's tough when you're the new kid but it comes together. Now may, Naw you wouldn't appreciate my humor. Anyway keep the faith, you'll find 'em.

I would appreciate your humor........

I appreciate your support

Well OK, IOWA stands for Idiots Out Wandering Aimlessly. Sorry just something I picked up drivin' Big trucks thru there. But really, I know how it is being someplace new and trying to find huntin' partners that you and they can accept. It's tough. Hell Even the ones I have now are good partners, and it took 20 years to find them. They still aint perfect but...........I still love 'em. Beginnin' to think I am married to my best partner. She complains alot when shit is not right but she is alway there with me and willing to do whats needed. Naw, anyway. Find a trap or skeet club or something to that effect and join a shoot..Shooting range whatever you'll connect and find some buds! Just takes time, It'll all work out and you can PM me or whatever. The guys here will give ya some crap but they seem to all be pretty good folk as you are. Joe. Sent ya a PM

Last edited:
Don't Be Sorry For Me

Ha. I grew up in Iowa and shiver at the thought of going back. Sorry for you man.

Don't be sorry for me. I love it here. I know its not for everybody, but I am really enjoying it. Sort of like Montana isn't for everybody, like its not for me. You enjoy where you're at, and I'll enjoy where I'm at. And we can leave it there.

Des Moines Area Shooting Range

There is a great shooting range north of Des Moines run by the DNR. Give that a try.

good luck to all
the dog

I'm in northeast Iowa.

I have not heard of a good one north of Des Moines. There is one south of here on the way to Indianola run by the DNR. I have been there 4 or 5 times. They have a really nice setup.

Don't be sorry for me. I love it here. I know its not for everybody, but I am really enjoying it. Sort of like Montana isn't for everybody, like its not for me. You enjoy where you're at, and I'll enjoy where I'm at. And we can leave it there.

You could get exterminated for talking down about the Great Motherland like that! ;)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back