Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Interesting Wolf Related Group in Idaho

I have to say, this group seems to be going at the issue with several big name sponsors. This is posted on their web site:

Your memberships and donations directly reimburse ethical hunters and trappers for expenses accrued while harvesting wolves.

I think that being worried that it gives hunters or Trappers a black eye is a lot to do about nothing. Those that feel that way have already made up their minds.
Robert,

The bill specifies that it only applies to ethical trappers, so you should oppose it based on that alone, and your point above.
Like I've said before elsewhere, Eithics are what's done when nobody is looking. Lets hope that most of us are just that, and focus on those people. The others don't make a heap of poo to me, they are what they are, and you can't change that by legislating ethics.

I live in north Idaho and most outdoorsmen I know like this program. Despite the frequent sign of wolves when out hunting, they are not easy to lay eyes on nor kill. Trapping takes a lot of equipment, time, and effort. Recently IDFG published that they killed 7 wolves in the Lolo zone, an area known for heavy wolf kill of the elk population.... all they could kill were 7 wolves, and that's with paid staff and helicopters, hardly a dent in the population. For those willing to put in the time and effort to put some pressure on the wolf population, reimbursement for expenses is helpful. It's been around for a while and there is currently no risk of people over-harvesting wolves, in fact IDFG just published that the 47% reduction in moose tags this year was at least partly due to excessive wolf predation.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back