Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Interesting new law in Utah

I like this law. It makes a lot more sense than some of the things Tennessee does for folks with back child support. Not sure if its the case other places but here we suspend your driver's license until you're paid up. Makes total sense right? Make it illegal for the guy to drive to a job and he ends up going to jail for driving on a suspended license adding even more money he now owes. Even more ridiculous, if you hold a healthcare license in the state be it a physician, nurse, paramedic, etc. then that gets suspended as well. So then you can't work, couldn't drive to work even if you could work at your job, and you're likely gonna lose said job because you can't drive to work. How in the world they expect anyone to pay back with those sorts of stipulations is beyond me. Fodder for all the private jails and prisons we have here I guess. And for the record I don't have any kids. I'm afraid I'm coming off as a pissed off deadbeat myself :ROFLMAO:

NJ has a similar law.

PA requires a court order to suspend a license for delinquent child support.

I like this law. It makes a lot more sense than some of the things Tennessee does for folks with back child support. Not sure if its the case other places but here we suspend your driver's license until you're paid up. Makes total sense right? Make it illegal for the guy to drive to a job and he ends up going to jail for driving on a suspended license adding even more money he now owes. Even more ridiculous, if you hold a healthcare license in the state be it a physician, nurse, paramedic, etc. then that gets suspended as well. So then you can't work, couldn't drive to work even if you could work at your job, and you're likely gonna lose said job because you can't drive to work. How in the world they expect anyone to pay back with those sorts of stipulations is beyond me. Fodder for all the private jails and prisons we have here I guess. And for the record I don't have any kids. I'm afraid I'm coming off as a pissed off deadbeat myself :ROFLMAO:
No problem with stopping folks from recreating that are not paying, but THIS ^^^^^^^ is a carousel of pain for ALL involved. I was a kid of divorce and I know that my dad was in BAD financial shape after the divorce. He got all the debt and was forced to get a new place to live etc (it wasn't that mom got any money, they were just living paycheck to paycheck as it was) and I am sure it was a few years until he got caught up. Had his license been taken he would have lost his job immediately.......The recourse? Someone who has no money hiring an ATTORNEY to get a abeyance or modification? Taking folks ability to work away while trying to collect money from them is just plain stupid and vindictive........beside the whole taking a civil matter and turning it into a crime with a very sketchy interpretation of due process. Attach assets, garnish wages etc.

No problem with stopping folks from recreating that are not paying, but THIS ^^^^^^^ is a carousel of pain for ALL involved. I was a kid of divorce and I know that my dad was in BAD financial shape after the divorce. He got all the debt and was forced to get a new place to live etc (it wasn't that mom got any money, they were just living paycheck to paycheck as it was) and I am sure it was a few years until he got caught up. Had his license been taken he would have lost his job immediately.......The recourse? Someone who has no money hiring an ATTORNEY to get a abeyance or modification? Taking folks ability to work away while trying to collect money from them is just plain stupid and vindictive........beside the whole taking a civil matter and turning it into a crime with a very sketchy interpretation of due process. Attach assets, garnish wages etc.
Couldn’t agree more. It’s awful. As I said in my other post I can’t help but think the for profit incarceration business has their fingerprints all over that chit show.

So it's ok with you that a deadbeat dad spend those $$ on supporting F&G and buying supplies and everything else involved as opposed to supporting his kids?
The big bad gubmint right?

View attachment 188088
No but I hope the meat he was harvesting was feeding the kids. And hopefully he was taking them hunting n fishing.
I still think deadbeat dads are trash. As a papa raising our grandson

First, I have no problem with those sorts of laws.

Second, dead beat dads are VERY unlikely to prioritize their children's interests very highly when they fail to meet support payments. It is far more likely they prioritize their own drinking, drug use and general carousing.

Sorry man just though BigFin wanted us to keep it civil.
Obviously you're not in grade school, just common courtesy for the younger crowd.

Sorry man just though BigFin wanted us to keep it civil.
Obviously you're not in grade school, just common courtesy for the younger crowd.
Don't think he pointed that f-bomb at anybody?
Check alot of posts from Wyoming residents on the 90/10 discussions and start there? Not alot of common respect there. On both sides.

Never said he pointed it anyone, but I know BigFin likes to keep language PG.
I said common courtesy not respect.

its certainly baffling to me that anyone would want to not support their children. But I don't think more government laws is the solution. Why not provide incentive for people to support their kids. <- again I know baffling that we would even need to go there. I have some friends that are not deadbeat dads, They love their children and do everything they can. But are crippled by the government mandated child support. When in some cases the kids are better off with their dad then they are with their mom. Bad news all around frankly, I wish people would settle things like adults rather then destroy each others short lives.

Back