Interesting article about Biden's Outlines to Preserve/Conserve more Wild Places (with the help of Farmers, Ranchers, and in areas outside the western

Haha. Biden admin has not done a single thing on its own with any success. This is a big nothing burger, that will end up costing taxpayers millions with little or no return and make guys like Ted Turner even more wealthy and powerful.

Sorry but nothing from this administration has been good...

Haha. Biden admin has not done a single thing on its own with any success. This is a big nothing burger, that will end up costing taxpayers millions with little or no return and make guys like Ted Turner even more wealthy and powerful.

Sorry but nothing from this administration has been good...

Coincidence that it was 5 days after the inauguration? Sit back down.

I would hope so. All of that institutional wisdom, knowledge of current laws, past history, etc all thrown away by a guy who thought you could cure COVID by drinking Lysol hasn't really worked out like some had hoped. ;)
who thought you could cure covid by drinking lysol??

Good post. Much of the best habitat (historically) is in private hands where it has been altered for agriculture, development, esthetics. Simply planting native trees, shrubs, and understory can make a huge difference. The premise - Most of the insects that comprise the bulk of the food chain rely on native flora for reproduction or sustenance. Think Monarch and how they can only utilize Milkweed to reproduce. The same is true for many other native insects. Exotic plants are of little to no use, although some can be beneficial. Think how screwed the ocean would be without herring and plankton. The article below talks about how chickadees depend on native flora to rear their young.

New research coming out pegging specific bees to specific plants. Every yard matters! It's all connected!
Finding a way to work together and achieve a version of 30x30 would be huge.

I have 3 acres.
They were dry pasture.
I added irrigation.
Then I had to add a mower and lost precious free time.
I ditched the mower.
And now I have 2.5 acres of tall grass.
More song bird heaven.
And turkeys too.
And deer.
And elk from time to time.
Everything likes my mess.
A beautiful waving sea of grass.

So stop working so damn hard.
Put your machines away.
And accept the messiness.
Oh, and leave you brush piles piled and not burnt.

The end.

Sorry, but don't work for me. I get all of the above but I mow and harvest my hay. Yep, deer, turkeys, elk, mule deer and whitetail. Foxes, coyotes. And I have a burn pile. I feed them critters lots of pretty flower food and battle them for the trees. It's part of where I live. mtmuley

Sorry, but don't work for me. I get all of the above but I mow and harvest my hay. Yep, deer, turkeys, elk, mule deer and whitetail. Foxes, coyotes. And I have a burn pile. I feed them critters lots of pretty flower food and battle them for the trees. It's part of where I live. mtmuley
Did take what I said as literal? Or do you just like to disagree? I'm out.

I have to agree with Mt. Muley (hard to figure heh). With 2-3 fully natural million acres surrounding my place, the elk and deer prefer the new emerging grasses in the hay fields because it is rich and tender. I remember a study done by Mt. FWP and the FS on the Fleecer game range. They recommended grazing early and then moving the cows off by mid summer to enhance the winter range as opposed to burning.

I have both hay fields and wet unharvested meadows. The elk and deer prefer the hay meadows and my yard to the natural stuff. Three acres in the lowlands probably doesn't matter much but the 5pt bull I just ran out of my yard said it matters in the mountains.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gcporteous
Back