Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Interbond/Accubond trade???

Bambistew

Any of you guys have any 139 or 140 accubonds or interbonds in 7mm you want to trade?

I have some 160 accu's and 154 inter's. I got them to shoot out of my 280, but so far with about 10 diffrent loads the 280 has pretty much said... eat me. So I figure I should drop down to the lighter bullets and try them. Even intersted in the TSX or XLC's in the 140gr range or really any decent bullet. I have one new box of the 160's (50) and about half a box of Interbonds (50)... Entertaining any .264 cal. or .358 (rifle) choices as well!

BambiStew, What kinds of loads have you tried?? Tell me about your rifle and the loads and the groups you're getting..

It's been my experience that 280's prefer something in 150 or 160 grain..

:cool:

The rifle is a 700 mountain rifle. I bedded the action and about 3 inches of the barrle chanel since its such a whimpy barrel, also toyed with the trigger, the barrle is floated, and it still shoots great... It will shoot, just not either of these bullets very well. I can get 1.25-1.50" groups at a 100, but I can get that with factory crap... I don't reload for the sake of doing it!

I've tried, quite a few diffrent loads and depths. RL-22, RL-19, IRM4831, IMR4350, H414 and... I can't remember a the other one. I Load 4 rounds in each combonation be it half grain increments up to "book" max and varying depth... I generally use CCI primers, but also tried winchesters too. Both mag and regular. I'm fed up, and am not going to waste my time and MONEY any further. It seems this one prefers the "normal" lenghth pills... The only 150's I've tried have been the 154 interbonds... that happen to be quite a bit longer than a 160gr seirra! I have no desire to load up another 50 rounds of each just to confirm that they shoot like shit... When working up a load it usually only takes me about 10-12 diffrent loads to find one that is "close", then I toy with that one, but no so in the case of these...

As far as I can figure out it just doesn't like those long bullets. I got a couple boxes of 160gr XLC's that I'm not even going to waste my time with them as they're even longer! I'll probaly try them in my 7mag for next year in RSA..

I can get the gun to shoot, and it shoots 160 seirras and in about the same fuggn hole. It will put 140 ball tips and sierras in about the same hole as well. But would like to find a little better bullet if I decide to use it on elk.

If I can't find a 'trader', I'll try them in my 7mag. They'll probably shoot fine in it since I can get them going a little faster. But I all ready have a smok'n load for it that punches clover leafs on a good day... So I really don't feel like working up loads for it this fall, as hunting season is coming fast and I'm running out of time! I got other stuff to deal with on weekends, like bow hunting. ;)

I was thinking about just getting a couple boxes of 140 or 150 partitions and just saying fugg it all together, I'm sure I can get them to shoot.

I might just say screw it all together and just shoot the seirras with the load I got worked up for it too. I got them scream'n and they'er accurate as hell. It's only got to be good enough for deer this year... The 35Brown/Whelen pushing 250gr's of love at about 2700fps is going to be barking up the back side of my elk...

Got any partions you want to part with???

:D

Bambistew, The one thing that sticks out in my mind about Remington Mountain Rifles, especially, is that they have a very thin, whippy barrel. I know that with the two that I've had, both in 280, I've pressure pointed the last two inches of the barrel and had the groups shrink to practically nothing. Using Remington brass, Federal primers, IMR 4350 and/or IMR 4831 and 160 grain Nosler Partition bullets, I usually get groups in the 3/8 to 1/2 inch range.

If you have any ammo for the rifle at all, try this. Take a piece of an old target and fold it until it won't slide between the barrel and the stock. Then fold it one more time. Physically pull the barrel and the stock apart far enough to push the folded target back at least one inch. Squeeze the barrel and the stock together to simulate a fit. There should be enough pressure for three or four shots anyway. Sit down and shoot a group with the rifle like this. Compare that group with the groups you've shot before. They won't have the same point of impact, so you may want to shoot them at 50 rather than 100 yards. I'd be surprised if the groups aren't at least 1/2 the size of the free floated barrel groups.

So then what do you do w/ it while your in the field?

I'd just shoot the BT's or Sierra's and not worry about it. Specially if the rifle already shoots good w/ those. These mulies out here die pretty easily, as long as you hit em like you're supposed to. All but one of my rifle kills have come from 25/06, w/ a 100 grain BT and a hefty dose of IMR4831.

My buddy has a box of 162 SST's, laying around that he picked up for his 7x57, and has now decided that he wants to go lighter. So, I guess I better get too the table and throw a few together, as time is running out on us... I think the 7mag outta eat em up. I just got invited on a Canada Bear trip last night. If I decide to go, that'll cut down on my time that I had delegated to spend behind the bench, and at the range w/ the 7... Not to mention there's still quite a bit of area I want to give the look over for Muzzy Colorado bucks...

I hate having these problems! :D

What you do is when you find out that the pressure pointed barrel will shoot groups about 1/3 the size of the floated barrel is you pressure point the barrel with bedding compound and go on your happy way with a precision shooting rifle...

Ya I was thinking about doing that. I may give it one more whirle, but it shoots the others just fine, "as is" so I don't so I figured that wasn't the real problem... I don't know. I'm going to the range on Sunday I'll let you know how it turns out.

If not... Its Sierras away! Hell mossie shoots moose with matchkings... I'm not afraid! ;)

Well the range treated me well... I tried one more trick with varying seating depths starting out touching the lands and backing off 0.005 at a time to find that she just likes a little "jump" to get going. Long story short... got the accubonds to shoot around 3/4". I tried the preasure point and couldn't see any real diffrence there.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back