Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Instagram

I’m not going to lie... I joined Instagram and enjoyed it a lot. Instagram was way different than Facebook. But after looking at it daily for a few months I noticed I was not getting as much satisfaction, almost depressed, from my own outdoor experiences because I was not having epic, life changing adventures everyday like I was seeing the Instastars having every single day.
I am not much for following for profit hunters, but enjoy following talented wildlife/landscape photographers.

I like IG more than FB, however I linked the two accounts so that if I post on IG it will post to FB too. I don't get on FB anymore but keep it in case I want to connect with someone.

I'm on it, signed up last summer. Some goober Ivy League kid typed his email address into his IG account wrong (this has happened to me twice before, my email is apparently similar to a couple other guys') and I started getting all his updates and notifications from his lacrosse friends. I got sick of it so I went in through the email address and changed the user name and password, deleted all his stuff, and bam, I'm on Instagram now after holding out for years. I even look at it, like, once a month.

Last edited:
I haven't posted on Instagram yet but follow some rather boring accounts focusing on forest health, mass timber, wildlife orgs, and places I like, like the Beartooths and Wind River Range. Do my best to avoid Facebook.

I like IG but I don’t follow a ton hunting “influencers” cause a lot of their content is wack, even tho I like them personally. Like I don’t need to see professionally done photos of Tony Vandemore walking out of a slough with a limit of greenheads like he just got done killing Osama Bin Laden with Seal Team 6. I like Donnie Vincent a lot but I don’t need to see his long flowing locks blowing in the wind a he hikes up a mountain with a look on his face like he just smelled cat piss.

Quit FB a long while back. Don’t miss it one bit.

My Instagram is mostly sunrises and landscapes (and small fish) because I’m mostly a failure as a hunter.

i liked what the IG filters and photo editors can do to my sunrise and sunset pictures. I try to minimize pictures of MY mug on there.

I use FB mainly for the groups I create for training groups. I only friend on FB if i know them in person and they are not a client. IG is totally public but I don't post pictures of dead critters in it.

Easily the best page on the internet. A true outdoorsman-

I need to figure out how to stay as clean as him after a long day outdoors.

Stay off Facebook but love Instagram. I mainly follow company pages for the latest on new gear and sales. Don’t follow professional hunters but do follow a lot of pages that are photographers. Also love pages that show people doing dumb shit or animals being animals.

@backcountrywisconsin is my Instagram and it’s mostly pictures of my hunting and fishing failures....lol

Never done Facebook and glad I never have. I have Instagram and enjoy it. I don’t follow too many people but I enjoy following lots of hunting related companies.

It is scary though how all the insta-famous people come to stardom and gain sponsors in the hunting industry.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back