Insoles?

drthornton

I am looking to purchase some good quality insoles and wonder what everyone uses and their opinions on them.

I potentially need 2 pair for 2 different pairs of boots.
1. Kenetrek Harscramble Light which seem to fit good but I have heel slip on my right boot which I can't seem to solve.
2. Lowa Tibet which fit very good but needed a wide and could handle an insole that uses up a little more volume.

I found a thread from 06 but it got off track so I thought I would refresh.

Currently on my list are
1. Superfeet Orange
2. Superfeet Green
3. Lathrop and Sons Synergy
4. Montrail Endro Soles

As far as heel slip have you checked with a ski/hiking shop? Try different ways of lacing the boot that is slipping? Years ago I had to have the tongue on a pair of boots built up with padding to keep a heel from slipping and had it done at a shoe repair store.
Will try to check with a friend of mine tonight who worked his way through college working in the back end of a ski shop working on ski and hiking boots.

Superfeet green if you have a narrow heal or high arch, should help a little with the heal slip as it cups the heal well. Otherwise custom heat moldable insoles from SOLE work awesome as well. I use both, but when I'm hunting its always the superfeet, they are a little bit lighter in weight and just seem to work for me. Bottom line you might have to try a few to find out what works for you. AVOID GEL!!

If your getting blisters on your heal using a thicker or thinner insole to raise you or lower you in the heal pocket which can make all the difference. If you can't find a solution that way, call Kenetrek and send them in, they'll stretch the heal which often relieves that issue.

RIght now I have a pair of SOLE Ed Visturis (sp?) heat modable insoles. While, much better than the green Superfeet, they aren't as comfortable as my last pair. The ones I got from Lathrop and Sons were by far the best I've ever tried. Though a touch expensive, but not outrageously so compared to SOLE, they worked super for me. The fact they come from hunters doesn't hurt either...

Lathrop and Sons Synergy seem to have worked best for me. I used to have a lot of slip in the heal and get some pretty good hotspots on the balls of my feet. Very rare occasion now.

Back