Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Insoles.. What do you use?

I agree with the Nikwax 100%. I've tried that, sno-seal, dannerbrand, etc.

Insoles might be nice, but I haven't noticed any foot "discomfort" in my new Danner Pronghorns. For most of my hunting I think they are going to make a darn fine boot (especially since I found them on a clearance rack for 57.99).

Do the insoles most of you are using have to be cut out to fit your foot or do they come in different sizes that will slide right into a boot?

smalls

Go to Wal-mart and see if they have a pair called Ener-gel. 10 bucks and are really nice! They do have to be cut to fit.

I'm not the man... I'll let someone else be the man.

I'm the man... Just so it's clear Beotchs !!!!!!

And Schmalts and Mtmiller are Dickless....

"Is this true... ?"

"yes, those men have no dick"..... :)

(I just watched Ghost busters I a min ago.. I love that line !!!!)

HEY T-bone... FYI I have'nt bought the Boots I'm wearing on our Sheep hunting trip in 11 days.. I should probably get on that... huh ? :D :D

When I kiddingly asked her if she got a "Little Dick" on her trip and she said yes..... I thought she was kidding.. but if she was in Havre I'm sure she did.

PS. She called 8 mins ago and is Leaving SLC.. Errr Havre.... , Kids tucked in, babysitter coming over in 15 mins.. Im running to boise to get her, so Thanx for warming her up, Let a Real man take over now :D

So miller, now i know why you aint posting pictures of the doe you bagged over the weekend. Also when you said you had it out and the garage and Ax was sniffing and licking the cavity now i know what you mean. I cant believe you made her sleep in the garage. I hope you at least put down a few decoy bags for her to sleep on.
If Moosies next kid ( nine months from now) looks a little shorter and cuter than normal, Craig better get an unlisted number...
Chit, i knew i should have cum out lope hunting this year.

Alright, i stumbled onto this post with the hopes that it would be a serious one and that it might actually help me out. I have read mention of the balls of people's feet being sore, but what about heel pain? I just did two 12 hour shifts over the weekend, and my heels were killing me by the end of the day. The rest of my foot is tight, but it isnt pain like in my heel. I bought some gel insoles for just the heel part of the shoe today, or do you guys think I should go with a full insole?
Thanks for any serious pieces of advice I get.

schmalts said:
Go to Wal-mart and see if they have a pair called Ener-gel. 10 bucks and are really nice! They do have to be cut to fit.
Read this again....

I LOVE the insoles I got with my Meindls from Lathrop and Sons! They make prosthetics and orthodics for a living so they might know a thing or two. But they ain't $10.

TBone- That must've been one hot arse day! I treat my Meindl's with nothing but the stuff that they sell. I don't think Cabela's carries it, but you can get it through AJ Brooks out of Vancouver.

Just got back from a water hole for antelope, and it's not the feet but the azz that needs padding. 15 hrs on Saterday, followed by 12 on Sunday. Miller has a point about not killing anything, was sure nice not packing meat out.

Miller has a point about not killing anything, was sure nice not packing meat out.

Don't let MtMiller fool ya, no matter what he says he likes packing meat. ;)

OAk I just bought the Superfeet yesterday with a new pair of boots. The gal said to get the blue ones if I had regular arch's. The guy came by a few mins later and asked why not the blue ones becsue the green ones are better. I was like , Hell I don't know, because she said to get those ? Then he said he has regular arch's but gets the Green high arch ones for better support. They seemed to fit OK. I'll cut them out and try them tonight.

He did say on the first few hikes to bring the Standard insoles because the inserts might make my feet hurt..... I questioned that logic but he said it takes time to get your feet used to it. I hope he's wrong becasue I bought them to make the feet feel better...... But what do I know, on this sheep hunt we're going on we'll probably hunt from the rig ... :p

Tightjeans.jpg

Moosie,
The green ones do take a little getting used to. If you were to try both pairs at the store, you'd say the green ones are crap and take the blue ones. My feet did get used to them. It's been 2-3 years since I've used them, though. Haven't worn the new boots since I bought the new insoles.

Just make sure you go hiking in them a couple of times before the sheep hunt. Don't get used to them then!

I actualyl don't have time to "break in" the soles. I was hoping I could just wear them. I might take them and try it out then switch insoles before I get too sore of feet. That way I have an Excuse to stop too ;)

I'm not even gonig to break in my Boots, they still have the Price tag hanging on them. Althouhg I didn't buy the "GOOD" boot, I bought the Exact same pair I had on my trip 2 years ago. You remember, the ones I was told that I should wear good Socks so I'd have something to wear when the Shoes didn't work :D

DSCF1008.jpg

Dude, your crazy by not breaking those bad boys in before you go. I hope you bring some duck tape just in case.

use the old boots. it's a few weeks too late to be thinking about new boots for a hunt that is 9 days away.

I'm going to try those Insoles out tomorrow night Hopefully, Nothing huge, just gonig on a 2 hour walk.... I cut then to Fit and Placeds them in the Shoes. I can't see the difference between those and the ones that were in the boot but if nothing else, I spent more money :) HAHA

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back