Yeti GOBOX Collection

Insoles.. What do you use?

schmalts

So i got 2 new pairs of boots this summer. A pair of Asolos, and a pair of Lowa Sheep hunters. Both are great boots with crappy insoles.
Bought A PAIR OF "ENER-GEL" insoles from walmart yesterday and they are way more comfy that the stock pair.
What do you use?

I've used Superfeet in the past and liked them. I bought a new pair last night for the Lowa Sheephunters that came in the mail yesterday. They're not very "cushy", but they give good support. I haven't used them in a few years though, so we'll see if I'm remembering correctly.

Believe it or not, this is an important post. Iv'e been on a couple of hunts where my partners have gotten so crippled up that I thought I was going to have to pack them out. Hunting schedules and timing get all out of wack if the balls of your feet start to bruise or blisters start forming. You miss reaching your canyon by a half an hour because you're tearing your feet up so bad and your partner has already spooked a buck into the area you should have been at. I'm slow enough as it is already!
I used to grin and bear it until I lucked into a pair of on-sale Wolverines. They designed a nonabrasive, removeable insole that really works and makes them something you enjoy putting your feet on. Every pair I have bought so far has fit me like a glove. I'd like them even more if they weren't made in China.

I don't use insoles with my Sheep Hunters, but then again, I am not a puzzy.:rolleyes: :D

mtmiller said:
I don't use insoles with my Sheep Hunters, but then again, I am not a puzzy.:rolleyes: :D
Not saying much coming from a guy who wears Jesus shoes most of the time..:rolleyes:

mtmiller said:

We're just MEN. What are your feet carrying around...about a buck 30?;)

waterboy said:
I use ones by Smart Feet. The green ones.

I think that's Superfeet, isn't it? The three styles are color-coded blue, green and black.

mtmiller said:
Ahh, MEN=fat. Learn something new every day.:D
Hey Twinkle-toes, i always knew you were light in your loafers.
Hey, take those insoles out and shoot a bull Elk and haul 80 pounds of meat in one load without your insoles. You will be a big Cry baby then i bet.

Just my two cents, but I've noticed that people who never seem to have problems with their feet are the ones who never walk anywhere. You don't use your feet much sitting in a comfy 4X4 or riding on a quad, so the only requirement of boots in those instances is that they look good... 'ya know- kinda like a fashion show. See you on top of the mountain.

I use the inner soles from my high end running shoes with good quality moisure wicking socks commensurate with the temperature, however it took two silver dollar blisters on my heels to school me.:eek:

Dangerous Dave...you might try biking shorts for long stints on your 4 wheeler.:D

Just my two cents, but I've noticed that people who never seem to have problems with their feet are the ones who never walk anywhere. You don't use your feet much sitting in a comfy 4X4 or riding on a quad, so the only requirement of boots in those instances is that they look good...

I think he's making fun of HuntTalk's "Pretty boy" ..MtMiller :D

opprobrious??? Now you went and gave Moosie a headache :D

...Harley you been PM'ing Dave on the side or something? ;) :D

MarvB said:
opprobrious??? Now you went and gave Moosie a headache :D

...Harley you been PM'ing Dave on the side or something? ;) :D

D-Dave's apology for his opprobrious opprobrium proves he's a scholar and a gentleman.;)

...who am I kidding, I had to look it up.:eek:

schmalts said:
Hey, take those insoles out and shoot a bull Elk and haul 80 pounds of meat in one load without your insoles. You will be a big Cry baby then i bet.
Put some money up bitch, I will out last/out load you any day of the week.:rolleyes:

Dangerous Dave said:
Just my two cents, but I've noticed that people who never seem to have problems with their feet are the ones who never walk anywhere. You don't use your feet much sitting in a comfy 4X4 or riding on a quad, so the only requirement of boots in those instances is that they look good... 'ya know- kinda like a fashion show. See you on top of the mountain.
You might be surprised where these feet have taken me. I notice most of the people that have problems with their feet are ones that sit on their ass until the week before hunting season, then wonder why their feet, back, legs, lungs, etc...hurt. Here is your 2 cents back.

I will out ...........load you any day of the week.

MtMiller... this is a Family site, thank you.....

rhan22l.jpg

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joe Orth
Back