PEAX Equipment

%#&@ing Wolves

Good link Ithaca,lets hope it can get done.
Elkhunter,your views are and always have been respected by alot of us here .
I dont care where you or anyone else comes from,as long as they are not of the Radical kind ;) .
The whole wolf thing ,I know alot of people that say nasty stuff about the predators as in SSS,I dont know anyone that would really do it.
It has been a joke around here along time and I think it comes from a feeling of being powerless to control how things are managed in ones own State.
I see it as a way to get out the frustration,at having so many changes & lifestyles comming under attack by so many different groups.
If we could somehow stop and understand that all of us (the rancher,the predators,the hunter,the hiker,)all of us should be included in being usefull and having the right to use the land.
But when you have sides that (not you )but people out there that are trying to change so many things all at once ,thats where I see all the hate & frustration comming from.
Its not enough that we have an assult on ranchers,loggers,hunting,guns ,etc.but then you toss into it bringing back predators.
Its no wonder the small towns that are left to deal with all of this feel the frustration.
Maybe it all could of been handled with a bit more consideration for the people that are the closest to the problem.
When alot of the wolf reintroduction comes from groups that are touting the removel of the ranchers in the first place,and telling us we will need to make more areas off limits, what would make any of them feel good about helping make this work?
The whole thing is a set up for failure.
I have no hate of the predators,but im not willing to give up abunch of freedoms to bring them back.
The freedom to protect ones livelyhood and the right to use our public lands.
The best thing will be to get them off the list (there are people that dont believe it will happen)and get to mananging them .
I have never taken any of the above poster serious about shooting any wolves.
Its just the same old stuff alot of us talk about,I guess we have a strange sense of humor,and I would never stand up for poaching .
Comming from greenhorn & WW I found the thread to be funny.

Ditto's to Elkhunter, MD4M and Ithica!!!!!
Greenhorn. I wouldn't make a good polotician because of all of the games they play that I couldn't. I like to live on ethics and I think most politicians are very lacking or after in office for long become lacking in this trait.... :D

I think that we're fooling ourselves if we think that we will be allowed to control the wolf population. The availability of feed will be the wolf population control!!When our forefathers "almost" eliminated the wolf, they were allowed to use whatever means possible,and it still took many years. If we are willing to sacriface our elk herds( which are at an all time high) as "wolf feed"then I guess that getting an elk license will become increasingly difficult in years to come :mad: -memtb

Everybody who loves to hunt needs to wake up :eek: the greenies didn't introduce the wolves because they wanted the wolves back, They did it because they know that combined with the endangered species act they will be able to stop sport hunting as we know it, and then there will be no oposition to gun control,
we always use the term "they", well just who are they? they are groups like peta, hsus, and they have gotten people with their beliefs into positions of authority, The fed gov. positions within the usfw, state govs, ect, ect,. They are quietly working to take away your rights, they know that this cann't be done over night, the wolf is a tool, If it is not fought successfully now our children will never get the oportunities we have all enjoyed.
everybody should go read the article posted in the thread unbiased study of wolf reintroduction on this board :(

This play's right into the last post. The Sierra club has asked Bush to stop all logging in the parks. What they are deeming parks is all forest service ground.

Bush Asked to End Logging in Parks
Tue Apr 16, 3:10 PM ET
More than 200 scientists around the country have asked President Bush to halt commercial logging on the national forests and to begin restoring damaged habitat and native species.

For those of you that only look at small pictures and not the whole agenda. This is a very important thing to take note of....
You should take the hints that are beeing played out. Endangered specie's, no logging in the parks [forest service ground]
Ithica!
I found this out with out beeing in my bunker!!!!!

Here's a couple of letters about wolves from today's paper. They present two sides to the story:
Too many wolves

Big game hunting revenues affect every segment of Idaho´s economy: Lodging, gas, restaurants, supply stores, hunting fees, etc., all profit.

With Idaho´s resource-based industries, logging, lumbering, mining and affiliated industrial income at a near standstill, this already in place and readily available revenue is sorely needed.

Since their introduction in 1994, the dreaded Canadian grey wolves have decimated Idaho´s once-flourishing big game animals to a fraction of their original numbers.

Plans to manage the rapidly proliferating wolves by the state of Idaho are now being hammered out and put into resolution by our legislators. Once the wolves are delisted from the endangered species profile by the federal government. this can be effected.

The imbecilic implantation of this ravaging merciless predator by the now defunct Clinton-Gore administration in their war on the West, should be recognized for what it was and is. A costly, ill-conceived, flawed environmental, illegal connivance and a catastrophe for Idaho´s big game, and the monetary income derived from this indigenous resource.

This unwanted and unwarranted excessive wolf population needs to be reduced to the original pre-1994 level, if common sense still reigns supreme in Idaho´s conduct of its affairs.

Owen Mink, Cascade

Wolf recovery

In response to the March 29 letter by Ellis Lamborn , I would like to submit the following.

First, the analogy comparing cockroaches to wolves is ridiculous and not only reflects Lamborn´s ecological ignorance, but does a disservice to whatever movement he supports through his poor writing.

Wolf recovery in Idaho is necessary, it is here to stay, and it is supported by the majority of United States citizens under the auspices of the Endangered Species Act (ESA). Need I remind him, and all Idahoans, that we are still a part of the U.S. and the recovery of endangered species is the mandate of the vast majority of Americans and the ESA has been upheld for nearly 30 years in the face of many right-wing assaults.

Lamborn cannot separate himself from U.S. law, and his concerns are not greater than the concerns of the entire nation.

Steven Lysne, Boise

Good post!
I don't think the wolf problem is as bad as Mike put it. Every thing else he stated seemed pretty much on the mark though, on the stand still of the economy and why.
Steve is still comming across with the notion just because mob rule is present in this situation that it is the right move. I don't see any one bringing in the idea that any of these "recovery" programs on endangered species-cross the Mississippi going east and bring some of these unwanted critters into their own back yard. It's just like the Anwar situation. Most every one that is beeing effected by these irrisponsible desisions and are beeing ignored by the large cities that will never see any of the things that they want to dictate and mandate on the things done in the rural communities they are effecting. The roadless issue, logging, mining and a whole slew of things are beeing shoved down our throats by these well meaning misaligned people that really don't know what they are talking about. But just because it makes them feel warm and fuzzy must push their ideals on places that they will probably never see in their lives unless the learning channel does a documentary on it. I saw this idiotic mentallity way to much in the Seattle area. We want all of these things, damn the cost. Just not in our back yard!!!

Back