in search of a diaphragm call that fits

tom338

I have tried half dozen diaphragm calls and all seem way to big except a 3 pack with a white, red and blue?? in it. Can't remember the name of them, maybe a carlton call?? Have tried a mellow yellow, to big, so tried to trim it down to fit. Get it right sometime and another wrecks it. Does any company make different sized calls or can someone chime in with advice??

I think it is the Carlton pack of diaphragm calls. I got a multi pack this year and they are grey, blue, red, and brown. Each one is supposed to be a little different. I used the grey and red ones and they seemed to work well for me.

I have a tiny mouth, I found that Phelps small reeds fit great. Give 'em a try if you haven't already

Similar to turkey calls you can trim them to fit your particular mouth. I have a narrow face and trim all of mine and it works great! Once you cut one that fits right you can use it to trace over and trim the others.

I also recommend the Phelps calls for narrow mouths. I only recently started experimenting with diaphragm calls and the smaller Phelps calls fit better than the Primos calls I tried. Maybe if you trimmed the calls as jims mentioned above you could save some cash.

Elk101 has different size calls as well. I have the All Star I believe it's called and I think maybe just a smidge bigger would be the perfect seal. I still suck at it though lol!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1sockeye2
Back