Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

In holding purchased by LWCF

Irrelevant

However, i'm a little nervous about the selling public land talk though.

Good article. I think the public->private needs to be looked with extreme caution. But I also think there are circumstances where it might make sense, especially if it leads to mutually beneficial transfers.

Thx for posting it up. That's a pretty unique area.

Makes sense to purchase the inholding. It is not uncommon for BLM to sell public land, however the FLPMA intent is not to reduce public land. So I guess if they sold a section of landlocked to an adjoining private landowner it would meet the intent of FLPMA if they make the purchase of the two parcels which make up the inholding.

BLM in WA was blocked up significantly through the 90s and early 2000s, and many of those actions were swaps where BLM was both acquired and disposed at the same time, usually makes sense from a manageability standpoint to block up where you have contiguous parcels and dispose of isolated parcels that are a pain in the ass to manage.

BLM in WA was blocked up significantly through the 90s and early 2000s, and many of those actions were swaps where BLM was both acquired and disposed at the same time, usually makes sense from a manageability standpoint to block up where you have contiguous parcels and dispose of isolated parcels that are a pain in the ass to manage.
True, but with better firm funding in LWCF, so of those previously landlocked public parcels may have the potential to gain access rather than disposal

True, but with better firm funding in LWCF, so of those previously landlocked public parcels may have the potential to gain access rather than disposal
Agreed, it really is a case by case situation with every parcel. I assume the EA will consider the disposal side of things due to the county position.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back