I’m stuck!

Gellar

Not really, I’m out now but I was in a good predicament this morning. I was plowing snow at some fishing accesses we have. Go down a steep hill, with the plow down, and do a complete 360. Come to stop and look back up the hill I can see it’s a sheet of ice under the snow. So I plow the parking area, slipping and sliding the whole time. In the back of my head I know I’m screwed but I gotta try to get out and up the hill. Half way up I come to a stop and start sliding backwards, drop the plow, still do a 360. After repeating for good measure 3 or 4 times I call in help. The help brings out a front end loader with all four tires chain. I climb to the two of the hill and tell him to use his judgement. The front end loader starts down and goes into a 360. The loader driver calls in for backup and they come with a pickup with a load of sand in the back. We sanded by hand about 200 yards of road. Enough to get to the bottom. The loader gets started up the hill and pulls the plow truck up the hill and goes back down to pull the other truck out too. No one was hurt and no equipment was broke so I can laugh now.

Post up your STUCK stories and pictures so we can all laugh at each other!

0901D2A5-9066-44CE-A89C-9B472F6292B1.jpeg
There’s my truck, after 1 360 I got wedged between a sign post and tree and a hill at that point I knew I was screwed.

56961CA5-D457-465D-9D3E-6EEE12BF987E.jpeg
The loader pulling me up the hill.

Yesterday morning i went out looking for wolf and lion sign, turning around truck on whats usually stable ground lost all traction. Pure sheet of ice under snow crust!
Luckily nothing time with a shovel couldnt fix but always worries me being out remote and have it happen.

I've been stuck a few times, but since a 2" lift/level in my truck and bigger/more aggressive tires, it's amazing what I can get through!

This past Thanksgiving weekend, my brother-in-law got his ranger stuck in some hog rootings that were on the road to his deer stand. I didn't have enough chain to reach him from good ground, so I drove closer to it, you can see in the last picture what it looked like. When I started pulling him out, I slid sideways a bit into the really soft stuff. We had to go get another truck to pull me out. Hogs can tear a place up.69116765442__D4AB88A8-B424-435F-9A28-8D0F9B276652.jpgIMG_3954.jpgIMG_3965.jpg

This past Thanksgiving weekend, my brother-in-law got his ranger stuck in some hog rootings that were on the road to his deer stand. I didn't have enough chain to reach him from good ground, so I drove closer to it, you can see in the last picture what it looked like. When I started pulling him out, I slid sideways a bit into the really soft stuff. We had to go get another truck to pull me out. Hogs can tear a place up.View attachment 261624View attachment 261625View attachment 261626
I know a guy that might help with that hog problem! Lol

I seem to have this happen quite frequently.

This was in 2007 near Mason TX. Was taking my son on an exotic hunt. I was following the blue dually. He went through and didn't even leave a rut. I wasn't so lucky. He got stuck trying to pull me out and we had to wait for a friend of his to get us both out.

P1010293.JPGP1010298.JPGP1010301.JPGP1010310.JPGP1010311.JPG

Slid off a snow packed mountain road on the last evening of third season in Colorado this year. There was a decent drop off we would have went over if we would have slid a little further. It was a lot steeper than it looks.

The guy driving the wrecker was super nice. Took him over two hours to get us up. Not something I want to do again, tow trucks are pricey.
200D424B-B915-43EA-99AC-4F84AF603503.jpeg3A6858EC-B73F-416B-B1E0-BF77B9958774.jpeg937CEEDF-99A2-4B5C-BC13-9717C8E42351.jpeg

Slid off a snow packed mountain road on the last evening of third season in Colorado this year. There was a decent drop off we would have went over if we would have slid a little further. It was a lot steeper than it looks.

The guy driving the wrecker was super nice. Took him over two hours to get us up. Not something I want to do again, tow trucks are pricey.
View attachment 261639View attachment 261641View attachment 261640
I follow this Facebook page called Colorado 4x4 rescue and recovery. They specialize in that stuff and I thinks it’s volunteers. So you just have to make a donation to their organization.

I follow this Facebook page called Colorado 4x4 rescue and recovery. They specialize in that stuff and I thinks it’s volunteers. So you just have to make a donation to their organization.
Never heard of them. I’ll have to look into that. Thanks!

Was looking up the hill and got too close to the wash. It broke loose and sucked me in. Spent 9 hrs digging, jacking, and stacking rocks. Was finally able to reverse back out of it and repair and mark the trail. You won't find a single rock within 100yds of that spot now.0701171218.jpg

Was looking up the hill and got too close to the wash. It broke loose and sucked me in. Spent 9 hrs digging, jacking, and stacking rocks. Was finally able to reverse back out of it and repair and mark the trail. You won't find a single rock within 100yds of that spot now.View attachment 261652
Its surprising what you can get done when you are alone and no-one is coming for you........Glad you ''got'er done''!!!

Back