Im in the camo market

MMarshall

I am in the market for new camo this year. I want to get a shirt, vest, 1/4 zip pullover, jacket, pants and possibly a hoodie or rain gear. I will be using it from August - November but mostly august and september. Has anyone tried the g force evolved camo? also any suggestions and reviews are greatly appreciated thanks.

I own the whole set from Gforce. Got it on sale last year. I know this season they changed a few things. So I will tell you the strengths/weakness from what I own.

Early season shirt and pants: pants suck, super thin and snag on everything. Very quite though, shirt is best in the bottom of the bag for sonething dry to change into if need be.

Hoodie: great! Quite, warm, and fits like it should.
1/4 zip mid weight jacket thing: same as the hoodie with out a hood and added zipper, it works
Gloves: horried! I did talk to the guys at GForce and they said they fixed the finger length, they were way to long!
Beanie thing: dumb, sits in the bottom of my pack as a backup
Late season jacket and pants: pants seem to lightweight but with a menironbase layer I was super warm at 8 degrees this pasg winter, same for jacket, minis the zipper on the girl side!

Overall I wouldnt buy it again simply because the few items that would have been beneficial seemed to strike out. If you get the set for a steal then go for it.

I am slowly buying stuff over again and I dont care for patterns or brands, I want items that work and last.

I own the whole set from Gforce. Got it on sale last year. I know this season they changed a few things. So I will tell you the strengths/weakness from what I own.

Early season shirt and pants: pants suck, super thin and snag on everything. Very quite though, shirt is best in the bottom of the bag for sonething dry to change into if need be.

Hoodie: great! Quite, warm, and fits like it should.
1/4 zip mid weight jacket thing: same as the hoodie with out a hood and added zipper, it works
Gloves: horried! I did talk to the guys at GForce and they said they fixed the finger length, they were way to long!
Beanie thing: dumb, sits in the bottom of my pack as a backup
Late season jacket and pants: pants seem to lightweight but with a menironbase layer I was super warm at 8 degrees this pasg winter, same for jacket, minis the zipper on the girl side!

Overall I wouldnt buy it again simply because the few items that would have been beneficial seemed to strike out. If you get the set for a steal then go for it.

I am slowly buying stuff over again and I dont care for patterns or brands, I want items that work and last.

thanks for the information. sounds like I might want to look into something else first.

Just buy Sitka clothes and be done with it.It last forever,great quality and perfect to hunt in.And their pattern blends in incredible.My best purchase in clothing ever.Sure it cost alot but worth every penny

Clothing quality is what drives my camo purchases not specific patterns. My comfort in the field leads to more time spent outside and better focus rather than getting busted because of x brand of camo over another. I try to match the season of my gear use to the pattern within reason but I don't lose sleep over it. Because I don't hunt the desert early season warm gear has the greener patterns (Kuiu verde, Gore optifade elevated 1) whereas late season is lighter and more brown (Gore open country, Kuiu vias).

At its core camo is the only acceptable fashion that guys can universally get into and each company has a target demographic or a statement made by its gear.

Sitka/Kuiu/First lite are all expensive, but worth it because I use fewer pieces of gear and don't worry about having second pieces of gear for multiday hunts because the stuff dries out fast enough. Buying good clothing is investing in yourself as far as I'm concerned. Its doubly true if you don't have the creature comforts of staying in a lodge and hunting from a heated blind like most people on this board.

Clothing quality is what drives my camo purchases not specific patterns. My comfort in the field leads to more time spent outside and better focus rather than getting busted because of x brand of camo over another. I try to match the season of my gear use to the pattern within reason but I don't lose sleep over it. Because I don't hunt the desert early season warm gear has the greener patterns (Kuiu verde, Gore optifade elevated 1) whereas late season is lighter and more brown (Gore open country, Kuiu vias).

At its core camo is the only acceptable fashion that guys can universally get into and each company has a target demographic or a statement made by its gear.

Sitka/Kuiu/First lite are all expensive, but worth it because I use fewer pieces of gear and don't worry about having second pieces of gear for multiday hunts because the stuff dries out fast enough. Buying good clothing is investing in yourself as far as I'm concerned. Its doubly true if you don't have the creature comforts of staying in a lodge and hunting from a heated blind like most people on this board.
Those last two sentences make for a pretty tall horse...

Thanks for the info guys. I guess I should have mentioned that I am not as worried about the pattern as much as getting quality clothing that will last.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back