Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

I’m in a pickle…

With all those people living on the place and this guy bouncing from house to house does he even have the clout on the place to be giving permission?
That’s the real question…….

Thanks to everyone turning it into a joke. Ill keep to myself now thanks

That’s the real question…….

Thanks to everyone turning it into a joke. Ill keep to myself now thanks
Hey man, gotta be honest here, you're taking this a little too tenderly. I'm sure you realize that there is nothing we can figure out that you haven't already. As hard as it is for you to connect with the guy, we're trying to make a judgment call from who knows how far removed. What else is there to do but have some fun with it? While Greenhorn and I have different posting styles, his post genuinely made me laugh.

Your options were covered basically in page one: go out and risk it or stay home to be safe while hoping you run into the guy again. If you're interested in my opinion, you don't have permission if you don't have evidence of the permission, whether that be a text message, written agreement, or video. You should probably just stay out until you can get some sort of document verifying you have permission.

I download & print a form that the state of NM has on the NMG&F website. It is the only one a warden recognizes and is only good for a noted date. One hunt. One animal.

I'm sure good ol billy joe bob, yur uncle, did not sign the family place to an outfitter or ?

I just know which ranches around me I have paper on and will still wait and call 1st to see if I do. But not planning on it, hunting those places.

Hey man, gotta be honest here, you're taking this a little too tenderly. I'm sure you realize that there is nothing we can figure out that you haven't already. As hard as it is for you to connect with the guy, we're trying to make a judgment call from who knows how far removed. What else is there to do but have some fun with it? While Greenhorn and I have different posting styles, his post genuinely made me laugh.

Your options were covered basically in page one: go out and risk it or stay home to be safe while hoping you run into the guy again. If you're interested in my opinion, you don't have permission if you don't have evidence of the permission, whether that be a text message, written agreement, or video. You should probably just stay out until you can get some sort of document verifying you have permission.
Okay, the d1ckpic with or without facepaint definitely made me laugh too. I can just see where the thread is going AFTER page one, is all. No worries… I do appreciate the input or I wouldn’t have asked for it.

It’s true this thread dredges up all kinds of feelings about asking for, getting, and keeping permission. In large part, why I don’t even hunt my close buddies farm, at least not yet.

Also similarly, had permission to a farm in Ohio, no problems. Was told not to hunt on Sundays and didn’t. Showed up on Monday and was told to leave, “since we hunted Sunday” (though we didn’t and was clearly somebody else). Didn’t matter, it was done. Landowners who are not your personal friend do get a bit twitchy on the trigger it seems, and don’t seem tolerant of trying to figure out different sides to a story… they just make their decision and that’s that.

It’s true this thread dredges up all kinds of feelings about asking for, getting, and keeping permission. In large part, why I don’t even hunt my close buddies farm, at least not yet.

Also similarly, had permission to a farm in Ohio, no problems. Was told not to hunt on Sundays and didn’t. Showed up on Monday and was told to leave, “since we hunted Sunday” (though we didn’t and was clearly somebody else). Didn’t matter, it was done. Landowners who are not your personal friend do get a bit twitchy on the trigger it seems, and don’t seem tolerant of trying to figure out different sides to a story… they just make their decision and that’s that.
Yep, stuff like that happens all the time.

I download & print a form that the state of NM has on the NMG&F website. It is the only one a warden recognizes and is only good for a noted date. One hunt. One animal.

I'm sure good ol billy joe bob, yur uncle, did not sign the family place to an outfitter or ?

I just know which ranches around me I have paper on and will still wait and call 1st to see if I do. But not planning on it, hunting those places.
Filling out the form is a really nice thing for a landowner to do. And it helps simplify things for the hunter, game wardens, and the landowner. We have a version in my state as well. Actually, you are required to have written proof of permission unless it is a close relative (yet almost nobody does this). But when  asking for permission I feel like I'm being pushy if I ask the landowner to  also fill out a form for me. So I just don't ever hunt private land unless it is a family member.

Filling out the form is a really nice thing for a landowner to do. And it helps simplify things for the hunter, game wardens, and the landowner. We have a version in my state as well. Actually, you are required to have written proof of permission unless it is a close relative (yet almost nobody does this). But when  asking for permission I feel like I'm being pushy if I ask the landowner to  also fill out a form for me. So I just don't ever hunt private land unless it is a family member.
Basic CYA.

@FoodIsMemories - Any updates on the situation?
Been all gravy. 👌🏽 should have never brought it up for people to make judgements and poke fun at… I saw the guy and, of course, he thought the two fellers were with me. I told him they weren’t they’re from TN and that I was trying to kick them out but they said they had permission already. He made it clear that I’m to kick anyone I see out and have them renew their “permission” at the ranch. I’ve done just that since.. I’ve met one other gentleman who knows someone else in the family who was told the same, except he was told there’s one other guy with permission this year, we both assumed that is me and he is I…

If he kicked me out tomorrow being a sketchy dude like he is, we’ve shot two elk in there so it’s paid itself off this season. I had the absolute time of my life bow hunting like a damned will primos video on the C.A. Lol plus I’m a respectful, respectable type of guy so it should hopefully extend for many years

Basic CYA.
… But when  asking for permission I feel like I'm being pushy if I ask the landowner to  also fill out a form for me. So I just don't ever hunt private land unless it is a family member.
except for the last part there… that’s you and I and everyone. If I were a landowner I might feel a slap in the face at filling out one of these. If my grandson is in town snd you have this little dohickey that I forgot to write “except for weekend of November 5th” I’d be POd at that BS little paper agreement. It’s my place today you may be good, tomorrow maybe not, try again in a couple days, eh?

Idaho provides a Sportsmans'/Landowner Courtesy card. These are not pushed any more, but they are still on the IDFG website. I keep them in my truck with my hunter info pre-filled. All the permission grantor has to do is sign it. Obviously, some will balk. I really don't go looking for permissions, but I ready if it falls in my lap.

One time I came on a local rough stock rancher with all his bulls on the road and the fence down. I helped him get his rodeo bulls inside the wire and fix the fence. I asked him afterward if I could hunt his lands and he signed the card happily. My sons and I were the only local folks with permission and I had a signed card in my pocket to prove it. My youngest got his first turkey there.

Maybe Montana has something similar?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back