Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Illinois hunting

NY Bowhunter

Im interested in bow hunting in Illinois in the 2004 season. I was wondering if anyone out there could give me some helpful info on some public hunting areas or even possibly on a lease.

Thank you I will. Well then maybe you could help me on this one, there is a good chance I will be heading to Colorado bow hunting elk , this fall any pointers?

Never hunted it, but there is quite a bit of public land in the Southern part of the state: Shawnee National Forest and a bunch up around Lake Carlisle.

I've hunted Fulton and Mcdonough counties in the west central part of IL four times now. Good hunting and always see big bucks. Choked a chip shot on a 150 class buck a couple years ago and still haven't quit whining about that one.

Finding decent public ground is gonna be tough. Suggest paying an outfitter and going that route. You can get a good 5-6 day bow hunt for $1500 or so, semi guided including meals and lodging.

You've got mail NY Bowhunter.

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 01-21-2004 03:59: Message edited by: SJ ]</font>

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HaileyB
Back