• Thank you for creating an account on Hunt Talk! We require that all new users contribute at least 10 posts before gaining the ability to start new threads. Once you have made 10 posts, you will be able to start new threads in the forum.
Caribou Gear

Illinois hunting

NY Bowhunter

Im interested in bow hunting in Illinois in the 2004 season. I was wondering if anyone out there could give me some helpful info on some public hunting areas or even possibly on a lease.

NY Bowhunter

Thank you I will. Well then maybe you could help me on this one, there is a good chance I will be heading to Colorado bow hunting elk , this fall any pointers?

1_pointer

Never hunted it, but there is quite a bit of public land in the Southern part of the state: Shawnee National Forest and a bunch up around Lake Carlisle.

Steiny

I've hunted Fulton and Mcdonough counties in the west central part of IL four times now. Good hunting and always see big bucks. Choked a chip shot on a 150 class buck a couple years ago and still haven't quit whining about that one.

Finding decent public ground is gonna be tough. Suggest paying an outfitter and going that route. You can get a good 5-6 day bow hunt for $1500 or so, semi guided including meals and lodging.

SJ

You've got mail NY Bowhunter.

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 01-21-2004 03:59: Message edited by: SJ ]</font>

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Walkalot