If you had 10 points in Wyoming where would you go?

I am in your same boat with less than max...cant get the top tier units but too many points to burn on a middle of the road unit. Relying on draws in other states until something shakes out in Wyoming.

If you have 10 points,you must have a couple units in mind.If I had 10 pts., I'd wait them out.

I'm no antelope expert, but with 10 points, assuming you're willing to pay the special tag price, you'll have a great chance to draw in every central-Wyo unit except 60. I'd pick a unit you like and go hunting this fall. I've heard that the winter in central Wyo didn't last too long with higher-than-normal temps in March. Couple that with a very wet April and you have a recipe for good pronghorn bucks. Units 53, 57, 58, 61, 62, 64.... All would provide you with a great hunt, and I believe this is the year to go.

Last edited:
Only goals are to have a good time and have a shot at a wall hanger. 10 points burning a hole in my pocket.

If that's true, grab a couple buddy's, share those 10 points, and go hunting. Can't imagine sitting on the bench in WY for 10 years, waiting for a good antelope hunt.

Good advice Greenhorn, maybe only one buddy to average points with. This year many areas will have great bucks. I would also suggest central Wyoming or south central Wyoming. Numbers are good and trophy potential is also high this year. Pick an area with good access and tag numbers. For some reason we are seeing local bucks with above average prongs this year so maybe that trend is across the state. Never know what the future holds so use those points while you can.

@shootsmanybullets PM sent

Thanks bud. Sent a response.

GH - haven't been sitting on the sidelines at all. I've tagged almost a dozen pronghorn while building points. Plus I got several new hunters into chasing big game through antelope hunts. Was considering averaging out with one of my friends and doing a 5-6 point hunt. They're already going to be out there anyway.

I was looking around south central area then go back to hunting the 1-2 point units that have plenty of great animals IMO. Wasn't sure where the winter kill wasn't so bad.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NMArcheryCoues24
Back