Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

If HuntTalk was CarTalk

VikingsGuy

Our routine rifle/backpack/cartridge Q&As on HT are fairly predictable. My guess is even if we changed the topic they would read the same. If HuntTalk was CarTalk my guess is the typical post would go something like this :):

-----

NewFamilyMan: My wife and I are expecting our 3rd kid and need to get her a new vehicle for the daily family grind. We live in warm weather so we don't need the extra expense/gas consumption of full sized SUV so we have pretty much settled on getting her a mini-van. We had bad luck with a major US brand a while back so we have decided to stick to either the Toyota Sienna or the Honda Odyssey. We definitely want new - want full warranty, latest safety feature and no hassle with prior owner's screw-ups. So, between the Sienna and Odyssey do any of you have experience to guide us?

SuburbDragster: Sure you don’t have snow now, but what about when you want to go up skiing, you will regret not getting a Suburban SUV.

HowdyNeighbor: Always liked the Sienna, can't wrong with a Toyota.

HellonWheels: +1 on the Sienna

SoccerDad45: Either of those minivans will fit a stripper pole so you should be good to go either way.

OldCoot192: All these electronics in cars are just a mess waiting to happen. I have a 1972 Plymouth Fury 4-door sedan still going strong. I bet if you look around you can get one in good shape for a good price.

PapaJoe111: They are both great cars - have had one of each. Preferred the Odyssey because it got a little better mileage, the back seats folded down flatter and the Sienna had a some nagging front-end alignment issues after we got new tires.

EuroDriver: I haven't kept up with American cars lately, but some classic choices would be the 1970 Mercedes 280SE or the 1963 Austin Healy 3000.

HanginOnForRetirement78: +100 on the Sienna

ThatGuy333: My grandpa always bought Chevy, my dad always bought Chevy, I have always bought Chevy, get yourself a used Chevy Outlander - all you'll ever need.

EcoDude: Get a Telsa and save the planet.

AxeToGrindGuy: The planet is only going to crap because Trump is president [followed by 15 paragraph rant about various Trump appointees]

GrumpySailor17: hey ecodude, don't buy into the warming conspiracy.

EcoDude: GrumpSailor17, stop being a nature hating fascist.

GrumpySailor17: EcoDude, stop being such a commie-pinko p*ssy.

OnTheSideLines55: Ban hammer incoming, 3 . . . 2 . . . 1 . . .

HanginOnForRetirement78: LOL

BigWheel (admin): I have a month from hell at work and I come back to this chit, unbelievable. This thread is locked and a few of you (you know who you are) can expect your passwords to be blocked.

Last edited:
I opened this expecting an NPR reference. What I read instead was better.

Last edited:
You forgot WannaBeDriver6: "I've never driven before but from everything I've heard and read online the Honda is an excellent ride and I doubt you'll be disappointed."

Even NPR guys would have made fun of anything that used the adjective "Puffy".

It has to be said......

Hey, Lock and Load, Hunttalk Guys! I've got a 14-yr old that wants a deer rifle for his birthday. He thinks he wants a .458 Tembo Extra Magnum in case his best friends's family invites him to Africa for an elephant hunt, and besides, he says, "You can never have too much gun".

I'm thinking I should gift him my handmedown .30-30 Winchester with the side eject and K4 Weaver on top. That way, I could clear the deck for that Sexy 6.5 Creedmoor (aka 6.5 Manbun) with digital camo an kevlar stock, carbon-fiber barrel, and 8.9-45x by 55mm Darkside of the Moon scope, that I have been drooling over.

My wife thinks I'm trying to solve my midlife crisis on the back of my kid's birthday, and my 12-yr old keeps muttering something about being a "locavore" (or is that "locovore"), as if that is somehow relevant.

Oh yeah, my 14-yr old has a crush on a girl that is identifies as vegan.

What do I do?

Brent

well first off, your wife might be right about you going through some kind of mid life crises if you think the 6.5 creed is sexy instead of whomever is on the swimsuit cover of sports illustrated this year. lol

secondly, since this is a car talk thread------ your 14 year old will want a car when he turns 16. Buy a corvette now, under the pretense that you want to "fine tune" it before you give it to him, of course this will actually be another midlife crises purchase--but thats o.k. (-:

Believe me the young lady your son has a crush on--he could care less what she eats AND this is also not important to you until he finds the girl he wants to marry---then start worrying if she is a vegan (-;

from someone who has been through everything you have mentioned ( including the husband with a midlife crises (-: )

LOL LOL

Back