Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Iditarod!

MNElkNut

Anybody following this year's Iditarod? I have got my family involved in a fantasy Iditarod. We each draft 17 mushers and follow the race. Neat way to get kids following the race.

We follow it here! Started getting more of an interest after we went to Alaska the first time. Went to 2 musher's outfits, including Jeff King's place. He even drove the bus picking us up at our hotel. Great guy. We went back the next year for the Iditarod start. We have friends in Willow, and we did the ceremonial start in Anchorage, walked around all the teams and met up with King again for a picture, went farther out to see the teams going through town, then the next day went out to Willow for the restart. Saw the festivities on the lake as the teams took off, then moved out farther along the trail to watch them heading off into the distance. I'll leave the standings page from the website up to follow where they all are. Never knew they had a fantasy thing for it.

I follow the Iditarod every March. Those dogs are freak athletes and only care about one thing!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 309
Dave N,
"They" don't have a fantasy thing for it, I made up my own. Points for being the first into a checkpoint, points for # dogs who finish, more points and a prize for winning the gold/dinner thing. Lotsa points for winning. 2nd through 10th get points and other stuff like that. My kids love it. It keeps them looking at it. Just a family deal, all prizes are financed by me. Pretty much a losing proposition unless I win it all!

First time I've missed the ceremonial start in 8 yrs. My wife usually subscribes to the tracker so we'll follow along closely from afar.

Dave N,
"They" don't have a fantasy thing for it, I made up my own. Points for being the first into a checkpoint, points for # dogs who finish, more points and a prize for winning the gold/dinner thing. Lotsa points for winning. 2nd through 10th get points and other stuff like that. My kids love it. It keeps them looking at it. Just a family deal, all prizes are financed by me. Pretty much a losing proposition unless I win it all!

Actually, I did a search for one and found several! I joined one run by one of the Seaveys. 7 teams, free to join, now I'll see how good my choices were!

Glad to see Lance Mackey again this year after the time he had last year, I hope his brother is right at the top for running with him as well. Dallas Seavey will be hard to beat if he keeps going like he is.

Aliy Zirkel and Jeff King both were attacked by a snowmachiner. Zirkel had 1 dog injured, and King had 1 dog killed and 2 injured. A suspect has been identified and both mushers are continuing on.

I'll make it easy for the judge at this jerk's sentencing. I volunteer to operate the snowmobile and run over him at 70 mph. !!! I once arrested another jerk for driving his snowmobile over a coyote repeatedly, on a lake where several families with children were ice fishing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvrguy
Back