PEAX Equipment

idaho

bow hunter

hey there,

im planning a d.i.y. archery hunt for idaho this coming fall. i live in reno,nv so its pretty close to where i live. i have done lots of reading about diff units that have high success rates and researched the idaho game and fish hunt statistics. however, i was wondering if any of you guys have opinions on where the best units are, where there are fewer bow hunters? im kinda leaning toward the southeastern region, but was hoping maybe some of you guys could shed some light based on experience and such. i really appreciate your input, rob herrington

The South East section has some good elk in it. I wish I lived closer to that side of the state !!

Welcome Rob.

I lived in Reno 4 years. Butcher Boy meats makes the best game salami ever!

Tell me, what is your plan of attack? Hunt out of a base camp, road hunt, or backpack in? What is your physical capability? Once that's narrowed down, I'd be happy to suggest a couple areas.

T Bone - sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Butcher Boy just shut its doors a few weeks back. Had a helluva scare considering I dropped my MT muley off for processing, had a voicemail saying it was ready for pickup, go down to pick it up and the doors are chained and they are totally shut down. Ended up getting a phone-back and was able to pick up the meat. But, I was a bit scared there. Anyway, they filed for bankruptcy protection last year and finally the oversight committee told them to close shop. Its a damn shame since that's where I've had all my game processing done since I moved here. :mad:

Bow Hunter........make sure you bring your pepper spray and 44 mag:):) In the SE part you will have some company for sure, both bow carriers and claw carriers... Definately some elk there though.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back