Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Idaho Super Hunt Combo 2023

Ya, go Karen somewhere else! Thanks for being so much help. I picture guys like you sitting in their mom’s basement at 45 years old just trying to start arguments with other people.
Dude you created an account to ask about a tag you surely have put in for awhile and dreamed about drawing… you have no idea where to go? You need tips for what exactly? Like rogerthat said, what’s the objective?

If looking for private land in any unit for any species, this is the wrong place. If looking for public land honey holes to bag a giant in, wrong place.
certainly you have an idea the best units for each species? Or did you just apply assuming you would never draw and never hunted in Idaho anyway?

I don’t mean to be a karen, I wish you the best of luck and look forward to updates.

Think about it from our POV. Some of these folks been members for 20 years for no other reason but to learn, teach, and converse. People with badass tags signing up to ask for advice, or boast about success are a dime a dozen. Stick around. Good luck

Beautiful bull! Big Congrats that’s sick!
I’m sure firedude told ya how important the updates are? Haha look forward to the write up, please don’t take last post too hard.

Get that mooooooooooooossseeee

So if you drew a once in 10,000 lifetimes tag, you'd have everything planned out and wouldn't ask any advice from anyone?
Right. The only thing I can think to compare it to is if you won a free astrophotography setup of your choosing, custom built telescope, and an observatory on your property. They need all your specific details because everything will be custom made for you next week. Up to $100,000

You probably know nothing about that stuff but you are not going to say "no thanks" to $100,000 of gear and that experience. You're going to find the Nerdiest nerds and say, "I need some advice and help!"

We're hunt herds!

Last edited:
Dude you created an account to ask about a tag you surely have put in for awhile and dreamed about drawing… you have no idea where to go? You need tips for what exactly? Like rogerthat said, what’s the objective?

If looking for private land in any unit for any species, this is the wrong place. If looking for public land honey holes to bag a giant in, wrong place.
certainly you have an idea the best units for each species? Or did you just apply assuming you would never draw and never hunted in Idaho anyway?

I don’t mean to be a karen, I wish you the best of luck and look forward to updates.

Think about it from our POV. Some of these folks been members for 20 years for no other reason but to learn, teach, and converse. People with badass tags signing up to ask for advice, or boast about success are a dime a dozen. Stick
Right. The only thing I can think to compare it to is if you won a free astrophotography setup of your choosing, custom built telescope, and an observatory on your property. They need all your specific details because everything will be custom made for you next week. Up to $100,000

You probably know nothing about that stuff but you are not going to say "no thanks" to $100,000 of gear and that experience. You're going to find the Nerdiest nerds and say, "I need some advice and help!"

We're hunt herds!
Thank you

That’s a once in a lifetime bull! Congratulations and keep getting after it. We’re all waiting for your updates and recaps. Good luck on the rest of your journey.

I’ve been spending 4-6 days in the mountains then come home with the family for 1 or 2 days then back out. I basically took the whole season off of work.
Because of you and this thread I had the conversation with my boss that if I ever win, I’m quitting, but he agreed to hire me back after the season.

Because of you and this thread I had the conversation with my boss that if I ever win, I’m quitting, but he agreed to hire me back after the season.
I won a good sheep lottery tag. I hunted weekends for September. As October was coming, I told my boss in late September that I’d be back in November as I was leaving work. He just nodded his head, he knew about my tag. I had hunts lined up for weeks including a great rafting trip. I killed that weekend so I didn’t have to do it. I planned on taking unpaid time off, figure out the other consequences later. I’m a good employee. I figured a hand slap.

Awesome bull your are setting yourself up to have one amazing season, good luck and congratulations.

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hamms12oz
Back