Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Idaho spring DIY bear

Gettinruthless

Hey everyone! Glad to join this site as I see a lot of you have great post, stories and such!

I have been consistently pursuing bear for 2 years now in Idaho but have come up empty handed without even sighting them. I had almost taken one several years ago around the Horseshoe Bend area but the wind had other plans that day.

I've gone out 3 times so far this year and put in some distance in the boots but have turned up without even a track..

Anyone know any prime or at least decent locations ranging from New Meadows all the way to 39 if need be? It seems I need a new area.

No baits, spot n stalk.

Much appreciated!

Eric

We couldn't beat em off with a stick near Stanley a few years ago... still snow up there now. Maybe in a month?

Thanks for such quick responses!

I've heard garden valley numerous times haha guess I need to listen and head out. Though not to familiar with the area.. Any forest service roads in that area closed? Gates?

I understand everyone has their spot so I'm just tryin to get the basics.

As for Stanley the snow needs to hurry up eh?

GR, I always check with the FS to find out FS roads closed and which ones. Also make sure to check out the travel maps because some road are closes certain times a year and open others. FS guys/gals can be your friend if you treat them right.

Thanks for such quick responses!

I've heard garden valley numerous times haha guess I need to listen and head out. Though not to familiar with the area.. Any forest service roads in that area closed? Gates?

I understand everyone has their spot so I'm just tryin to get the basics.

As for Stanley the snow needs to hurry up eh?

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jd Gardner
Back