Idaho sheep part 2...

T Bone

Looks like my moping around the office paid off. The bossman just OK'd some time off. I'll be backpacking in solo.

Everyone who wants to go has used up all there vacation time hunting.

Hopefully my bachelor group of rams is still there.

I'll leave Sunday after work and be back around the 15th. Hopefully with a ram.

My cell phone rang during a meeting yesterday... kinda hinting that you might be headed back up.

Good luck, and I do know some Kayakers who will launch on the 6th, I think.
wink.gif

That's awesome, T Bone. I didn't know you might get another chance. Good luck!

Oak

Good luck T-bone !! I called several Sources (Dipchit above being one of them
wink.gif
) and looked into getting you hooked up with a partner. I failed
frown.gif
5 days notice for a 10 day trip is tough for a normal guy .

I did talk with Warren yesterday mid day and again for a 1/2 hour after y'all talked. Sounds like your bino's are AWSOME
wink.gif
tongue.gif
Onthe serious side, I wish I could go but him and me went over all those options. I like the OPTION "K" (The Kotter Option) the best. $ for $ and time saved it would be the best.

If you need ANY ANY gear, let me know. My Swarovski's are smaller then his but are clear and weigh less, if you want them, take um !! Don't go the tarp route !!!! Go the extra battery Sat phone route, and keep the batteries Wrapped up !! I lost 75% of my 2nd battery in AK becasue it was Cold. You;re going to a Colder place !! Wish I could burn 10 more days but wifey says I need to work this month a bit
frown.gif
frown.gif

I'll talk to ya before ya leave. GOOD LUCK MAN !!!!

Man, If I lived a little closer, I'd follow you up the hill... I love chasing after sheep. I hope you tag one this time, good luck and be safe.

Ivan

T Bone

I be another one of the dipchits moosie called. I'm sorry I couldn't come through to help you out. I've got some work related issues holding me back from doing anything. Next three weeks starting Monday, I won't have a single day off and will be pulling 14 hour shifts.

I'll have high hopes for you though. Good luck!!!

///Signed///
Dipchit

Thanks for the well wishes guys. I'd love to have any and all of you along to pack out the big ram!, but I understands the issues of work and $. Priorities, priorities.

I'll have a sat phone with me and I'll be calling gps coordinates in to the wifey every night. Hopefully things will go as planned and I won't need to have search and rescue or Lifeflight take me out! If I can keep from getting mentally beat I've got a real good shot at finding that bachelor group again.

I'm trying to trim any gear down to cut weight but packing in with 10 days of supplies is going to be heavy. It will be heavier getting out with the big ram though!

I have two options of getting out:

A: going out the same way I'll come in. 15-20 miles.

B: go down to the middle fork and hitchhike on a raft to the main. My dad could pick me up there and drive me back to my truck.

Its going to be a good one!

T Bone

I take it there will be no lama this time?

I also assume you are hunting off of the Salmon somewhere, so packing a cheap raft, caching it, and then lining it back with meat, gear, and the works is not an option?

T-bone,

As a card carrying member of the Dipchit fraternity, I wish I could offer you more than moral support.

My guess is that you should be able to find a ride on the river, just might not have a life jacket or dry spot for your gun. But if you have whacked a sheep, you could throw the gun away...
wink.gif

Call Shari at the Forest Circus office in Challis, and see how many launches are going at the time you would need. That would give you an idea of how many parties you would have a chance hooking up with.

I wish I could help you out in someway, but on Saturday I am hopping on an airplane for another opportunity to add miles to my frequent flier account. WooHoo... 20,000 more miles on United,,,, and they don't fly anywhere I want to go kill chit...
mad.gif

Best of luck.

Are you going to be here Sunday night ? We have a warm bed for ya. You could show up 24/7 if need be. Just let me know.

EG

Doesn't UA fly to New Zealand? Go getcha one of those big stags!!!

Moosie

How come I never get invited over for a sleep over? Is it because I am dipchit????

Ovis,

The cheap raft on the Middle Fork is not a good option.
eek.gif
fight.gif

And I always forget about New Zeland for hunting (Don't tell Kiwihunta)
shhh.gif
But worse case is I save the miles, and we do a little detour on UAL from Boi-SFO-SEA-ANC
wink.gif
next September. (Of course the Alaskan Mileage Plan balance probably has that in it too...)

And don't feel bad... I never get invited over for sleepovers either...
eek.gif
He does keep saying he'll invite me over for dinner "soon", but he is mostly just "talk"..
tongue.gif
(Actually,
shhh.gif
he did invite me over for dinner, we just happened to have it at my house, with my food....
wink.gif
)

I wasn't sure if he was hunting off the Salmon or not, thus the reason I brought it up. I kinda figured it wasn't an option. Justa thought.

When do you return to your own private Idaho? I'd be more than willing to have you both over to my "single-wide"...maybe one day I'll be able to upgrade to the double-wide. I figure the drive this was would be a turn off though.

Have a safe trip!!!

Ovis,

The Main Salmon, he might have an option with a cheap raft. The Middle Fork, not so much.

And don't worry about the drive miles. I think it is almost as many miles from my house to your house, as it is from your house to my house....
wink.gif
wink.gif

It is more than likely just the "time" thing, but my guess is we should be able to find a chance. Just have to work around Soccer, School Nights, Work, Trips, and of course, Hunting...
biggrin.gif

Or we can just wait till Moosie sets up his portable Love Shack up in the Mtns. And go crash his huntin' camp...
shhh.gif

Thanks for the info on the rafting Gunner.

No llamas this time, they are all booked for the month of October. It will be just me and my wobbly knees. They are just now starting to feel normal from last trip!

Best of luck T-bone. I look forward to seeing your next set of pictures with the big ram you take.

T-bone stopped by my house, And Stopped by Warrens to get some Supplies, Looks like I missed him by 15 mins
frown.gif

He's up in the hills today... GOOD luck MAN !!!!!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Irish-Jay
Back