Idaho Sheep Hunt- Final Report

I missed this while I was away. Congratulations to your friend Sawtooth. Having his son with him there must have made it extra special, despite the unfortunate circumstance that caused you to miss it.

Congratulations to your friend on a successful sheep hunt. I was drawn for the Frank Church in 2019 and passed on a Ram comparable to this one on the 5th/6th day and I lived to regret my decision. I usually like to shoot mature animals, but I should have given that more consideration for this tag. I did end up seeing a much bigger Ram two days later, but he ended up disappearing at some point in the 3.5 hour stalk.

Congratulations to your friend on a successful sheep hunt. I was drawn for the Frank Church in 2019 and passed on a Ram comparable to this one on the 5th/6th day and I lived to regret my decision. I usually like to shoot mature animals, but I should have given that more consideration for this tag. I did end up seeing a much bigger Ram two days later, but he ended up disappearing at some point in the 3.5 hour stalk.
Look on the bright side, you can start applying for sheep again in 2022!

Look on the bright side, you can start applying for sheep again in 2022!
Yeah I guess... just found out there was a 188" Ram shot in that drainage last year where the big boy was the year before. Sounds like someone got him.
Yeah I guess... just found out there was a 188" Ram shot in that drainage last year where the big boy was the year before. Sounds like someone got him.
We guessed him from over a mile away to be in the high 180's to low 190's. There was no question he would make book.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back