Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Idaho Sawtooth Elk

nijimasu

Been looking for a good place to put Idaho Sawtooth A Tag to use next month, been concentrating on Stanley area, but find nothing but dry, dry, dry in areas I used to see sign this time of year. Are other areas in the zone the same or am I just not looking right? I'm guessing I need to go much higher- but maybe other areas are looking better?

They'll be in or adjacent to the green areas, of which there are still plenty (was just there). We saw several in the evenings just driving around on the main roads.

I have a Sawtooth B tag again. I've hunted it off and on since 2006. Mostly hunted unit 33. Couldn't find them last year, however quite a few bulls were taken in the general area I was hunting. Was thinking about trying to find a unit 36 spot, closer to home.

Then the decision I have to make every year - a mulie tag or a whitetail tag for up north? Drew an extra whitetail doe tag again in Unit 8.

I have a Sawtooth B tag again. I've hunted it off and on since 2006. Mostly hunted unit 33. Couldn't find them last year, however quite a few bulls were taken in the general area I was hunting. Was thinking about trying to find a unit 36 spot, closer to home.

Then the decision I have to make every year - a mulie tag or a whitetail tag for up north? Drew an extra whitetail doe tag again in Unit 8.
With deer dying of hemorrhagic disease up north this could be a good year to skip whitetails. I don’t see us having a gnat killing frost for a while

I like to whitetail hunt in 15- but this year, as mentioned in other replies, there has been some die-off. Will likely skip it this year.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back