Idaho Salmon Zone Elk

HowaHunter

I have decided on hunting the Salmon Zone in Idaho for elk. Based on my research I am specifically looking at 21a. Anyone experienced here that could lend a few tips or the other units which encompass the salmon zone. Tired of hunting around Idaho Falls and looking for a "fresh" zone to hopefully get the stink off.

Thanks

I drive between Corvallis, Montana and Swan Valley every 12 to 14 days. Don't know the country, but the Salmon River canyon was full of elk last Fall. mtmuley

21A has elk, that I know. I'd look for some high, south facing meadows. I'm guessing they'll have elk in/near them. Only bad part, is that depending on access, those areas can be a bugger to get to. Quite a few hunters hunt it, but the difficulty of the terrain can make it fairly easy to get away from them if your willing to climb.

21-A is hard hit with hunters. It could be due to all the motels in the area. There is more than one wolf pack in the area. Have an up to date (New) travel plan map as the USFS and BLM have closed MANY roads. Do not go by the older maps!

Back