Idaho Mt Goat Hunt

Wow. Great story, pictures and goat! You certainly earned that one and will remember it forever.

Baerman, I enjoyed your pictures and story. Looks like you worked very hard and were rewarded with a very handsome "billy," and a lifetime of memories.

I'm Jon's next door neighbor and he sent me the link.

L.W.

Baerman, I enjoyed your pictures and story. Looks like you worked very hard and were rewarded with a very handsome "billy," and a lifetime of memories.

I'm Jon's next door neighbor and he sent me the link.

L.W.

small world to have hunttalkers living next to a good friend not in the forum group! Great neighbor you have next door.

Mine is a little chewy, but cut thin, jerky, fajitas, and the like. I just made a batch of goat jerky last night and man, its good! Just cut some small strips off the backstraps oil the pan and some seasoning salt. The flavor for me was really mild.

Started cutting meat last night. The meat has a unique smell to it that's for sure! I think I might just sausage and pepperoni the whole thing. We have plenty of elk steak in the freezer.

goat

Congratulations on the goat and great hunt. SG Kurt is getting plenty of user photos for his website this fall.

Another pic of my goat seconds prior to the harvest.
Goatslastseconds_zps4850e122.jpg

Perhaps a Boise tasting of the sausage and pepperoni? You bring the meat, we bring crackers, cheese and beverages?

Started cutting meat last night. The meat has a unique smell to it that's for sure! I think I might just sausage and pepperoni the whole thing. We have plenty of elk steak in the freezer.

Perhaps a Boise tasting of the sausage and pepperoni? You bring the meat, we bring crackers, cheese and beverages?

I'm up for that!

When I used to work for a larger company, we used to hold an annual wild game feed. All hunters would bring a side of their game in any cooked form and we would hang out and tell hunting stories about our hunt. I've been wanting to get another wild game feed going of some sorts, doing it with fellow hunt talkers would be a great way to make it happen.

I'm not sure how I missed this thread but congratulations Baerman. Those are some awesome shots.

Not sure how to edit a past post? I edited one of the photo's that was over saturated and wanted to replace it but now one of my fav pics are gone.
Gregs2013IdahoBilly02_zpsfa832b48.jpg

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JMD
Back