Idaho Moose/Sheep/Goat Draw Results Thread

Yes, having to choose 1 of the big 6 big game animals to apply for is hands down the best decision ever made. Love it.

Having to front the tag cost is also something I love because if you can afford the tag at the draw, you can afford it the month prior.

No goat tag for me... draw odds as a resident dropped in half this year in comparison to last year because non-res apps doubled.

No goat tag for me... draw odds as a resident dropped in half this year in comparison to last year because non-res apps doubled.
Technically, resident odds don’t change due to NRs if you assume the NRs max out its 10% every year. It’s bad luck should a NR draw in your unit.

Non-Res apps basically should have zero impact on resident draw results except in some extremely rare scenarios. The way Idaho does their draw, once the 10% non-res cap is hit, all non-res are removed from the pool. Therefore, unless all the non-res draws came right away all in the same area, the non-res apps aren't having a huge impact on resident draw odds.

Non-Res apps basically should have zero impact on resident draw results except in some extremely rare scenarios. The way Idaho does their draw, once the 10% non-res cap is hit, all non-res are removed from the pool. Therefore, unless all the non-res draws came right away all in the same area, the non-res apps aren't having a huge impact on resident draw odds.
Very true, but if by chance that 10% hasn’t been met yet when your unit comes around, all non-res have the same chance as residents in a 2 tag unit such as the one I applied for.
At least that’s the way I understand it.

The draw isn't by unit like that. Everyone's name goes on the hat and they pull out one name at a time. Check your for first choice and if it still has a tag, you win. Once 10% of the tags go to NR, all the NR apps go to the garbage.

With your example of a two tag unit, it is indeed possible that 2 NR get drawn before the cap and both go to NR. I don't believe Idaho has a NR cap for any specific unit. In this case, technically NR and resident are about equal chance of getting drawn out of the hat early to get that unit. Not many sheep tags though so we are talking about pretty unlikely to happen.

The draw isn't by unit like that. Everyone's name goes on the hat and they pull out one name at a time. Check your for first choice and if it still has a tag, you win. Once 10% of the tags go to NR, all the NR apps go to the garbage.
Which is exactly what happened to my nr moose app. It went into the garbage.

I think mine did too but for some reason an intern or something pulled it back out by mistake...only logical explanation

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back