Idaho legal VX6?

idahohuntr

Curious if anyone with insights (or connections) to Leupold knows if they will ever consider making a VX6 that is legal in Idaho? I'm not much of a businessman but it just seems like it would not be hard to produce a vx6 without the electronics...so that it would be legal in one of the fastest growing states in the west (where big game hunting is really popular). I really like having the 6x magnification and frankly could care less about electronic reticle levels.

Im not overly familiar with the VX6, it must be the electronic reticle level that would potentially make it illegal?

Did not realize there were any 6's without electronics.

On the battery removal...yea, I think it could mitigate...and I'm betting prosecutors have better things to do with their time...but I'm not personally interested in going down that path. Would really like the extra magnification (4-24x) vs. the VX5 (4-20x)...but I guess not a really big deal. Still just don't understand why Leupold wouldn't make a 6x mag scope without something that makes it illegal in a western big game state.

From what I’ve been told the 5 is the same scope as the 6 minus the internal electronics. Could be wrong but that’s what one of their reps told me. You won’t miss the extra 4x…

From what I’ve been told the 5 is the same scope as the 6 minus the internal electronics. Could be wrong but that’s what one of their reps told me. You won’t miss the extra 4x…
Yep only other difference is power ranges

Back