Idaho drawing results are up! Anyone get lucky?

when I clicked on controlled hunts,,it just shows active?what does that mean?draw or no draw?

dan.kirkpatrick,

You should now see either "selected" or "not selected". "Selected" shows up in bold green typeface.

I got an extra cow elk tag and my son got an extra doe tag. Didn't get the antelope tag I wanted but still get to hunt them with my bow in Sept.

Best of luck everyone! And......

Focus

I got super lucky and pulled the unit 40 Nov muley tag (and a ML cow tag for sept).

I'm excited about that Nov hunt, but we just moved from Boise to Utah this spring so scouting will be challenging... Will be fun!

Anyone else get lucky?

You stole my tag you big poopyhead :cool:

You stole my tag you big poopyhead :cool:

Haha! Now, unless you are a resident, my life-time Idaho license puts me in as a resident permanently, so TECHNICALLY I didn't steal YOUR tag, just one from the 3500+ residents who didn't get drawn...

I have a good buddy I chatted with today who's been hunting the general 2 point hunt in the owyhee's and has going for that tag for a while and he couldn't believe my luck. ;)

This year is stacking up a bit with hunts already and now that tag almost made my brain explode... If I already hadn't pulled a 175" (net) muley out of 39 (of all places!) in 2015 it'd be pretty easy to be content with any solid 4x4. Now though I'm kinda wondering where to set my expectations, especially since I can only commit to 6-8 days or hunting due to the rest of the hunting and young kids schedule constraints. At least I have some time to work it out!

Haha! Now, unless you are a resident, my life-time Idaho license puts me in as a resident permanently, so TECHNICALLY I didn't steal YOUR tag, just one from the 3500+ residents who didn't get drawn...

I have a good buddy I chatted with today who's been hunting the general 2 point hunt in the owyhee's and has going for that tag for a while and he couldn't believe my luck. ;)

This year is stacking up a bit with hunts already and now that tag almost made my brain explode... If I already hadn't pulled a 175" (net) muley out of 39 (of all places!) in 2015 it'd be pretty easy to be content with any solid 4x4. Now though I'm kinda wondering where to set my expectations, especially since I can only commit to 6-8 days or hunting due to the rest of the hunting and young kids schedule constraints. At least I have some time to work it out!

Personally I would say a 180”.... 200” if you had 2 weeks and lots of fuel. Good luck that’s a helluva tag, but not as good as it is hipped up to be thou.
Matt

Good luck!! I'm a NR, so you're right, you didn't get my tag. But, you're still a big poopyhead for even having it :cool:

I drew a second choice cow elk tag, extra doe tag, and a doe antelope tag. Focus for me this year is AK Moose! Almost 60 days away, Idaho will be a recovery hunting season after AK.

Ryan - December I will likely reach out with a few questions after I get maps if that is alright.
JBS

Same exact tag. I filled my tag the first day of the season. It's great tag to get. Feel free to PM any questions, I'll help best I can, I have a friend that drew the cow tag for that unit this year. I think that one is for the first two weeks of the December.

I drew a late season muzzy deer tag in 51/50. With New Mexico to start Nov and Idaho to end it. Should be a good fall.

Personally I would say a 180”.... 200” if you had 2 weeks and lots of fuel. Good luck that’s a helluva tag, but not as good as it is hipped up to be thou.
Matt

Thanks for the input Matt. I find that I'm a sucker for mass and character, so hopefully I can find a buck that has one or both, even if he wouldn't score the best. I did hear that the unit, while very good, definitely is a bit over hyped as well.

With probably only 6-8 days to hunt and access being so weather dependent it'll be interesting to see how it pans out. If I still lived in Boise I would already have been down there this last weekend! But, if all goes well I'll get up there for a trip or two pretty soon and get some time trying to figure out what access should be good even if moisture hits hard during season.

I still haven't completely adjusted to true spot and stalk (spent a ton of time still hunting north and central Idaho) and my glass is a bit lacking in quality for all day spotting sits (along with a fair amount of ADD tendencies). I'm working on finding a few spots that allow me to slowly work a few connected areas that I can glass for a bit and move on.

This tag was such a chance thing that I do think I'm going to set my goals to just have the most fun I can looking over whatever bucks I can lay eyes on and not get too hung up on score. I will say I can see how a guy can let the pressure of "great" tag drive him nuts though.

Back