Caribou Gear

Idaho Draw Results 2022

Well Randy, don't leave us hanging, what are the results?
It appears someone changed my name to "Unsuccessful."

Not a big surprise, given what I applied for. I bought a whitetail last December, so I knew I was going to Idaho. And since I had already invested in the non-resident license, swinging for the fences seemed like a small risk for a potential great reward.

It appears someone changed my name to "Unsuccessful."

Not a big surprise, given what I applied for. I bought a whitetail last December, so I knew I was going to Idaho. And since I had already invested in the non-resident license, swinging for the fences seemed like a small risk for a potential great reward.
Definitely better to go down swinging than to strike out looking.

After several years of striking out, and thinking my name was unsuccessful, My home state of Idaho has been very good to my family the last couple of years. I'm excited to get to hunt pronghorn with my 3 boys this year. My middle boy has never hunted pronghorn but he seems to be as big of a pronghorn junkie as you.

Thanks for all you do for public lands and the DIY hunter Randy.

I just got around to checking email and was very surprised to find out that I managed to snag 1 of the 5 NR early archery muley tags in the owyhees. With only a month and a half to go, and having never been to the area, it looks like I have my work cut out for me. First year ever putting in for Idaho so I'm looking forward to a new experience. Between this, a Jan buck tag in the gila, and two whitetail tags at home, this is looking like the year of the deer for me.

I drew bull Elk in Unit 52, August
Hot weather hunt
I also drew a Buck in Unit 54, October
Looking forward to this hunt

I have a theory on how to grab tags in Idaho.

I drew a bull Moose last year and killed. 43” bull with my muzzleloader in Unit 60A

Attachments

• 428EF0AB-C936-4F44-8ABD-DE85AF7BA153.jpeg
    428EF0AB-C936-4F44-8ABD-DE85AF7BA153.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 27
  • 5414DB52-88FB-47CB-ADFC-699A624D4274.jpeg
    5414DB52-88FB-47CB-ADFC-699A624D4274.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 27
  • 959379DC-5123-4FC0-AAC5-7F239811566F.jpeg
    959379DC-5123-4FC0-AAC5-7F239811566F.jpeg
    662.7 KB · Views: 27
I’ve been out in unit 52 last few weekends.
Seen (3) bull moose, (2) mule deer bucks and lots of antelope, maybe one good buck.
Ain’t seen any Elk yet. I think I’m too low and need to get higher elevation.
Going to focus on the NW corner of the unit to nail down these Elk this week.

So I'll be that guys and ask, for the second draw, I know we are expected to get results by the 25th, but typically how long after the 2nd draw closes have people been notified? This is my first year putting in for that 2nd draw

I’ve been out in unit 52 last few weekends.
Seen (3) bull moose, (2) mule deer bucks and lots of antelope, maybe one good buck.
Ain’t seen any Elk yet. I think I’m too low and need to get higher elevation.
Going to focus on the NW corner of the unit to nail down these Elk this week.
Pm sent

wooohooo Late season Unit 52 Either sex elk tag!
How was the unit 52 late-season elk tag? I'm looking to apply this year but don't have much to go off besides just draw results and harvest stats. Were you able to harvest a bull and was it on public? I got plenty of info on Montana hunting and draw strategy if you ever was any info up here.

How was the unit 52 late-season elk tag? I'm looking to apply this year but don't have much to go off besides just draw results and harvest stats. Were you able to harvest a bull and was it on public? I got plenty of info on Montana hunting and draw strategy if you ever was any info up here.
Yep! This was a great hunt. PM me if you get this tag.

Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back