Holy $#!#, I'm Tired.

This thread is a good reminder of why we called it quits after 1. Kudos to y’all for having more patience than we did. Our little beast traumatized us so bad that baby amnesia never kicked in and we never had the urge for another round of masochism.
We'd just made that decision... but then got caught. Oops 2 it is.

baby is sleeping incredibly. really incredibly.

he was born mid/late september and honestly we haven't had to get up for him at all after putting him to bed since like mid/late november.

we've been on a consistent 7:30/7:45 bedtime and he sleeps till 7 am without a single issue for a long time now, it's amazing.

i've had some good runs of sleep since then, but, especially in the last month, i'm starting to fall back into being my good old self: a crappy awful miserable sleeper that has too many issues sleeping soundly and staying asleep to function half the time.

i feel like i've gathered you're kinda the same in that regards yeah?
I don’t have words for the amount of jealousy I have. My 20 month old wakes up every night at least once and sometimes 3-4 times.

My 20 month old wakes up every night at least once and sometimes 3-4 times
rookie-numbers.gif

My oldest son has to be going through some kind of phase. It seems he has transferred all his will and ability to sleep to our youngest. I lost track of how many times I went in there last night to try and get him to sleep. It was around 8, I think. He told me he wanted to play with his number toys in the bathtub, told me he was scared of his nightlight, that his knee hurt, and that he wanted to go outside on a walk. My eyes sting and I've got a nice dull headache sitting in my cerebellum. Four hours of sleep is less than ideal, but I suppose I will live.

What does any of this have to do with hunting or public land?
Lock it up Randy.
🤮

there's two big ol dead ungulates and a brief mention of genuinely expectedly failed mountain turkey hunt in this thread.

it's an ode, a testament, if you will, to how babies don't have to ruin all the fun.

they just make you functionally insane.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gcporteous
Back