Yeti GOBOX Collection

Idaho Draw Results 2022

Desk Pop

Apps due yesterday for S/G/M. Time to wait.

Also, as a friendly reminder, be sure to take any congratulatory emails from IDFG with a grain of salt. Last year they told about a dozen NR they drew sheep. Once those guys told their buddies and put deposits down with outfitters, they were emailed a follow-up that said, "whoops, sorry about that, better luck next year."

Also, as a friendly reminder, be sure to take any congratulatory emails from IDFG with a grain of salt. Last year they told about a dozen NR they drew sheep. Once those guys told their buddies and put deposits down with outfitters, they were emailed a follow-up that said, "whoops, sorry about that, better luck next year."
At least IDFG did the right thing and didn’t add on tags.

At least IDFG did the right thing and didn’t add on tags.
Absolutely. There are about ten reasons why they did the right thing in not giving the tags to them.

That being said, Idaho has zero excuse for that mistake. Their entire draw could be done by a 5th grade class, a few buckets, and some carnival raffle tickets.

They know exactly how many "up to 10 percent" for each species is. This year I bet they will check before posting.

I hope some Hunt Talkers pull some great Idaho tags this year.

Curiosity question. Has anybody opened up the more info button on their application? I'm a resident but my application fee shows over $2000. My card was charged correctly. But I'm wondering if anybody else has the same issue. I'm trying to call fish and game to see if I'm in the nonresident pool... haven't heard back yet.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220502-100840_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220502-100840_Chrome.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 20
Curiosity question. Has anybody opened up the more info button on their application? I'm a resident but my application fee shows over $2000. My card was charged correctly. But I'm wondering if anybody else has the same issue. I'm trying to call fish and game to see if I'm in the nonresident pool... haven't heard back yet.
That's strange, did you accidentally enter as a NR?

Really, a dozen? It was like two people! And it wasn't IDFG's screw up, it was their stupid new vendor. IDFG just had to do the right thing and fix it.

Ok. The fish and game office I called didn't get back to me. I'm assuming she's up the her eyeballs in apps today. Probably not her fault. Monday when applications open is probably a bit hectic. So I drove in and talked to the regional office here. That lady was way helpfull. She absolutely saw my concern when she saw the glitch. She confirmed I was in the resident pool. Apparently it's a known bug so they double check you're in the correct pool.

Really, a dozen? It was like two people! And it wasn't IDFG's screw up, it was their stupid new vendor. IDFG just had to do the right thing and fix it.
Yeah... I wish we could post the drawing data sheets when stuff like that happens. Not the first time and wont be the last from the vendor. It would put a lot of guys at ease to actually just see the glitch and the cause. Instead of the vendor saying, "Our bad! Hope you didn't place a $2000 deposite on the outfitter trying to be first to reserve the time you wanted." Getting to see the why it happened and this is how you fixed it would put a lot of guys at ease.

It wasn't 2 tags. It was 14 extra ram tags on top of the 9 they are allowed to give out. The vendor is subcontracted by IDFG and works for IDFG. IDFG has ownership in the problem whether they will admit that or not. Even the fact that they HAD to get a private contractor to do it, rather than the state auditor's office they used before is IDFG's problem. They were forced to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars after two of the five commissioners drew ram tags in the same year. It was that or they were threatened with a law that would not allow any IDFG employees or their immediate families to put in for controlled hunts.

Because IDFG cannot own their problems, they continue to fck up in huge ways...one after another. There are some nice people who work for them, and many are super competent, but they won't improve if they just blame the vendor.

If I build someone a house and subcontract the plumbing and the plumbing has a problem, I have to own that with the client, not the plumber...that's between he and I. IDFG did exactly what they should have done in that situation...but the fact that they were in that situation is inexcusable.

I feel terrible for the guys who were told they drew to find out they didn't. There isn't an excuse for that. Idaho has THE most simply drawing system. They could do it with a bucket and some tickets. Once 10% of the tickets with a little "NR" are pulled, the following ones with "NR" on them are thrown in the trash.

Blaming the vendor is bs. Change can't happen until people can own issues. The first step to recovery is admitting there is a problem.

When it's 2 weeks since Bighorn apps closed and a letter shows up from Fish and Game!
20220514_125026.jpg

Then you open it, heart skipping beats, hands shaking...

Still shaking and can't wait to see!

20220514_125122.jpg

SON OF A BI... WORST FING TIMING...

LOL. I told you it's just my luck!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvrguy
Back