Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Idaho Deer Hunt

Dustinjanc

So Ive been planning an Idaho mule deer trip for unit 43 with my father in law. Ive been doing a lot of research with google earth and idaho fish and game and have decided to hunt the camas county. We are planning on hunting off smokey creek road. The trailhead is called lick creek. Does anyone have experience hunting this area. My concern is the country might be to rough for my father in law. Im up for any advice thanks.

Figure anything out? Me and a friend are looking to try 39/43 I think for our first Muley hunt in idaho. Did Colorado OTC elk last year for my very first western backpack hunt and had success. Been looking over google maps a lot but its tuff Internet scouting somewhere you've never been.

39/43 is both good and bad. The bad is you'll be with 10k of your closest hunting buds, the good is every year a few of those kill some really big bucks. South central Idaho still produces, it's steep so be in shape.

Dustinjanc- it will be as rough as your father in law wants it to be. There are some trails/roads to walk and then there is some stuff that's straight up and down. Catch a good snow and sitting a trail can be golden. Good luck

39/43 is both good and bad. The bad is you'll be with 10k of your closest hunting buds, the good is every year a few of those kill some really big bucks. South central Idaho still produces, it's steep so be in shape.

Dustinjanc- it will be as rough as your father in law wants it to be. There are some trails/roads to walk and then there is some stuff that's straight up and down. Catch a good snow and sitting a trail can be golden. Good luck

MtnWest is right on with that. if more is needed pm me

Hmm, so those units are a pretty big pumpkin patches for general tag season. Seen some of that last year in some Colorado OTC elk units. That's where local knowledge is golden

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PerezA
Back