Idaho deer - First time for everything

It was still a nice read. Kind of reminded me of hunting blacktails in Oregon...after all you can do, sometimes its just not enough.

Randy had the 4X5 in his cross hairs 3 different times this evening.

The pushes finally worked with the help of Jerry P. On push number 1 the herd left cover and the buck was several yards in the rear. Camera was focused on the herd and Randy was sighted in on the buck. A kill shot with no footage is not acceptable.

On push 2 we got footage but the buck was moving through trees and the shot was not ethical.

Push 3 resulted in a broadside standing position but with a pickup in perfect line behind the buck. Not safe so no shot.

I think we convinced Randy to give it one more try tomorrow morning. Fed him some elk fajitas for dinner this evening and that seemed to seal the deal. Before he headed to his cot Randy committed to one more try in the morning.

Good luck, hope you don't leave Idaho empty handed. Make sure you grab yourself some spuds for that venison stew when you get to Wyoming.

Wow some tough breaks! Just shows us how hard it makes a hunt when a camera is involved! Look forward to hearing and seeing the stories from the morning hunt!! I gotta admit that sometimes the close calls, and mishaps make for some entertaining reading!!! Good luck!!!!

Still have my tag and now racing to get to Wyoming. Wish I had a different ending. Just not willing to shoot young bucks just to have a kill on TV.

tag soup isnt fun ,but sometimes the deer win too,,,I also had tag soup with my new mexico mule deer hunt this year too,,,even salt and spices doesnt help tag soup.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lincoln's Poppi
Back