Idaho bill H0032 any info?

It sounds like HB0032 is dead in committee and a yet to be printed bill is in the works for all the other crap. It is suspected to go through the ways and means committee. If it does there will be a bill number assigned to it and everyone will be able to read exactly what they are pushing. It also sounds like some of the legislators responsible are upset with F&G for letting sportsmen know what they are doing and are threatening massive budget cuts in an effort to defund the department. If you live in Moyle's or Siddoway's districts you should start helping find a good opponent for them. They don't like what Fish and Game did and don't like sportsmen knowing their plans to privatise hunting.

...not being really up to date on finding all this stuff. Where do you see that these two in particular are pushing this...as well as others. I'm looking at the website trying to find info.

ISCAC's updated position which is being emailed to all legislators.

Members of the House Resources Committee,

We the undersigned sportsman's organizations urge you to vote promptly on HB0032 in its original form. This bill has been vetted by the Department of Fish and Game, the Idaho Fish and Game Commission, by sportsman's groups and by sportsmen at large. It should be clear to all parties that Idaho sportsmen do not support any proposed amendments to this bill.
A failure to give the original bill a hearing and consideration in the House resources committee would be a subversion of the legislative process and a failure to the many Idaho citizens who took time to comment and participate in the IDF&G process.
Idaho sportsmen understand that the Idaho Department of Fish and Game works on our behalf and we know that they need to raise fees to keep up with rising costs and an ever more complex job description.
We support the Fee Lock proposal and believe that it is an innovative and unique way to address the challenges of rising costs that gives Idaho sportsman an additional incentive to buy a license. Besides raising new revenue, we hope the proposal will also increase annual participation and help us recruit new generations of sportsmen.
As sportsmen and Idaho hunting and fishing license purchasers, we call on you to vote on HB0032 - without any additional amendments - immediately.

It also sounds like some of the legislators responsible are upset with F&G for letting sportsmen know what they are doing and are threatening massive budget cuts in an effort to defund the department. If you live in Moyle's or Siddoway's districts you should start helping find a good opponent for them. They don't like what Fish and Game did and don't like sportsmen knowing their plans to privatise hunting.

Night crawlers hate flashlights.

Keep on 'em guys. Looks like you have the rats scurrying for the dark corners. When you get them there, knock out their political teeth.

In addition to emailing reps, I'm trying to get local media in on this. I'm sure some attention from a couple of newspapers and tv stations would be unwanted by those trying to pull this off.

Bracket sits on the governor's sage grouse task force with SFW mouthpiece Jack Oyler. Oyler was pushing for privatizing LAP tags in 2012 when the Senate was trying to pass similar legislation. He was also on the F&G selection committee. SFW has been pushing their puppet legislators for a while. We need to start asking why an organization with a very sketchy history and very little credible conservation work in the state has such a political influence.

We need to organize and vote out of office several members of Idaho's legislature and senate.

I've received exactly one reply to all the emails I've sent, and I've sent a lot. Here is most of it...

"Currently, I am not thrilled about the fee increases (especially when Fish and Game is asking for such a large budget increase as well). I will do more checking though.
I appreciate your insights and will certainly consider them when and if this important issue comes before me."

Rep. Ronald M. Nate, Ph.D.
District 34-A (Madison, Bonneville)
Rexburg, ID 83440

I've received exactly one reply to all the emails I've sent, and I've sent a lot. Here is most of it...

"Currently, I am not thrilled about the fee increases (especially when Fish and Game is asking for such a large budget increase as well). I will do more checking though.
I appreciate your insights and will certainly consider them when and if this important issue comes before me."

Rep. Ronald M. Nate, Ph.D.
District 34-A (Madison, Bonneville)
Rexburg, ID 83440

I'm ok with (even though I disagree) that line of logic. However, he is suspiciously silent regarding the larger issue at play here.

We need to organize and vote out of office several members of Idaho's legislature and senate.

Anyone have ideas on the best way of organizing? Would be nice to have a unified voice. Idaho state bowhunters has info on their facebook and webpage. Not sure about any other orgs.

Translation - I'll be doing what I'm told while trying to stay out of this mess.
I read in February that the legislature was pushing a F&G budget cut?
I will try to find it.
I'd be curious if he supported the 15.3 % budget increase in 2013? Or any of the 7% average increase for as far back as I can find, 2011?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Iceman1992
Back