Idaho bear

idahojoe

Anybody have a round about ish date of when Idaho spring bear draw results will be out?

Last year was February 24th. I think it was March 1st the year before that.

My guess would be towards the end of this week.

Watch for Draw Odds to be posted first. They usually come up a few hours before the actual results show up, but at least you know when to start watching for the results.

Thanks guys, first year I've put in bear always have just baited otc tags but unit 32 has caught my interest figured I'd give it a whirl good luck to all and God bless!

No luck this year for me but a buddy got 32. I shot a 7'4" bear there a few years ago (I tried to post a pic but I can't get it to work), so hopefully I can share what we learned and get him a big boar.

I haven't found an OTC bear area yet in Idaho that's any good, so back to the drawing board for me.

Last edited:
No luck this year for me but a buddy got 32. I shot a 7'4" bear there a few years ago (I tried to post a pic but I can't get it to work), so hopefully I can share what we learned and get him a big boar.

I haven't found an OTC bear area yet in Idaho that's any good, so back to the drawing board for me.

I remember your thread on MM's Grizzly, that bear was incredible. Post the link to that story if you have it handy, I was trying to find it the other day.

What units have you tried? There are lots of units with very high bear numbers here, where you can see 4-5 a day, or more. But it will be hard to match the age class of 32, lots of little ones.

I remember your thread on MM's Grizzly, that bear was incredible. Post the link to that story if you have it handy, I was trying to find it the other day.

Here you go... http://www.monstermuleys.info/cgi-b..._thread&om=2107&forum=DCForumID37&archive=yes

This bear was from 2013, we hunted Unit 39 the next year (above Arrowrock Reservoir, which I'm sure is the longest road to drive in the entire world while pulling a trailer) but only saw one bear the whole trip. Last year I had a San Juan (Utah) tag in the spring, but never found a bear I wanted to shoot, so came home empty-handed. I have been going over maps trying to find a place to go this year, but haven't found a spot yet.

I had some love after several year's of not drawing anything here in Idaho fall or spring, including the big 3.... I drew a 22 tag, first time applying.... I don't know if that was luck or not, but I drew a 5% tag, :D
Matt

I had some love after several year's of not drawing anything here in Idaho fall or spring, including the big 3.... I drew a 22 tag, first time applying.... I don't know if that was luck or not, but I drew a 5% tag, :D
Matt

You suck! I'm sure you'll get a good one. You going to try with your bow? Oh ya...you suck! lol

Here you go... http://www.monstermuleys.info/cgi-b..._thread&om=2107&forum=DCForumID37&archive=yes

This bear was from 2013, we hunted Unit 39 the next year (above Arrowrock Reservoir, which I'm sure is the longest road to drive in the entire world while pulling a trailer) but only saw one bear the whole trip. Last year I had a San Juan (Utah) tag in the spring, but never found a bear I wanted to shoot, so came home empty-handed. I have been going over maps trying to find a place to go this year, but haven't found a spot yet.

You need to get some bait sites going. Your over on the eastern side of the state aren't you?

That thing is a beast.

There's gobs of bears in 39, go further up the Middle Fork road than Arrowrock if you want a little solitude. Lots of bears in 33, 43 and 39. If there's one thing that all hunters in Idaho can agree on, is that there is no lack of bears.

You need to get some bait sites going. Your over on the eastern side of the state aren't you?

I'm actually one of the dreaded non-residents (Logan, UT), though I hunt in Idaho a helluva lot more than I hunt in Utah.

twsnow18, pm sent

I have a knack for not finding those plentiful Idaho bears lol. Then again, last year was my first effort at it and I was there as much for the solitude and scenery as I was for the Bears. Guess I'll be back to studying harvest numbers, Google Earth and the such while I try to locate one. That's part of the fun, isn't it?

Guess I should say, I spot and stalk, don't run baits because of time and logistics issues. What areas would you all recommend for glassing up a bear or two? Last year I was hunting in the Stanley area, just feeling it out a little more so than putting in max effort.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fish406
Back