Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Idaho bear success

ANNOUCER: AAANNNDDD in the right corner we have 35 Cal, in the left corner we have Bear.

Today's match is 210 Nosler vs BEAR.

Ohhh, the excitement.

35 Cal, an inexperienced caller vs a tried & true bruin of the deep forest.....

Round ONE :

BANG, Flop.

Oh Crap, that didn't go well .......................

I was carrying my .375 Ruger for two days. I had it loaded with 235 gr speers at a more modest velocity. Those are my elk loads. After a while I realized a long shot was unlikely and I got tired of carrying it so o switched to my lighter gun. I originally wanted to take my .35 whelen but I just put a scope on it and hadn’t had time to sight it in. I love that little .338 federal though, It’s a killer and it’s handy and points quick

I was carrying my .375 Ruger for two days. I had it loaded with 235 gr speers at a more modest velocity. Those are my elk loads. After a while I realized a long shot was unlikely and I got tired of carrying it so o switched to my lighter gun. I originally wanted to take my .35 whelen but I just put a scope on it and hadn’t had time to sight it in. I love that little .338 federal though, It’s a killer and it’s handy and points quick
I use a 338 win mag with 225 Ttsx for elk moose and my bears over bait. Shot 4 bears with it and none have gone over 10 yards. The elk I shot last fall only took a couple steps too before tipping over

I shot a cow elk with .375 couple years ago. She stood there a second and fell over backwards. .338 federal has done the job on a hog and a bear. .338 win mag is a real killer. Nothing it won’t kill with authority in North America

Congratulations on a great bear. Thanks for the resources as well. I've been telling myself I need to make a more dedicated effort going after bears.

I used some of the calling techniques you described here last weekend. Really worked on the vultures!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back