MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Idaho Bear Success

Well this will be a short post since Im in a hurry but...
On the third day of my friend and I's hunt I was finally successful at getting a shot at a beautiful color phase bear on my first out of state big game hunt! I took this beautiful bear that ended up having a perfect hide not a single rub spot at 38 yards with the bow I purchased from BigFin. Apparently bears are the only thing I am capable of taking with my bow as this is my second bear, both harvested with a bow. This was an awesome hunt and I am so thankful to have good friends and family who love hunting as much as I do! Thanks to BigFin for the bow which has made a bowtech fan out of me. At 38 yards I broke a rib on the entrance and the on the offside shoulder it broke the humerus with a double lung and heart shot the bear expired within about 30 seconds and only went maybe 20 yards. Thank you all!

Attachments

• IMG_0255.jpg
    IMG_0255.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 693
  • IMG_0263.jpg
    IMG_0263.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 651
  • IMG_0264.jpg
    IMG_0264.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 649
Beautiful bear! I used to see a blonde or two like that most years, but haven't seen one in quite a while.

What was your hunting method?

great color bear and a hell of a bow kill! was that bow autographed by randy?...lol

What was your hunting method?
We were hunting over bait. I had always made fun of hunting over baits before but decided to try it since my good friend seemed to really enjoy it. the first 2 night that we hunted we saw this same bear and never did get a shot as it was very cautious while approaching. the first time we believed it smelled us because it was very aggressive and territorial huffing and growling repeatedly until dark but always staying in the trees where a shot was not possible. The second time we saw the same bear twice with it never coming in just kinda cruising by. So the third day we decided to hunt the morning and that was the ticket the bear was on the bait for about 25 minutes before a shot was offered and those were probably the longest 25 minutes ever.
It was very cool being able to be within shooting distance of a bear for that long on the on the ground with it and I have to say that the ability to watch the beear for that long allowed us a good chance to properly assess the bear before shooting. It was also a little crazy after the shot because the bear ran towards us after being hit and I was having a little trouble getting an arrow nocked again!
This is my second bear with a bow my other was spot and stalk in Montana.

Back