Yeti GOBOX Collection

Idaho Archery Elk/Deer

Jim G

I am going to chase elk and deer with my bow this year in central ID and thought I would ask for a little help/info.

Does anyone have any input as to which area a guy who has never been there might be able to get into some animals, Smokey Mtn (units 43 and 48) or Pioneer (units 36A, 49, and 50).

I will be hunting with 1 other guy. Unfortunatley, he won't have a tag, but he wants to go and give me a hand. I have a trailer I will be staying in and need some ideas of some good areas to camp. I plan on spending about 15 days up there spread out through the month of sept. If I had a choice, I would prefer to hunt an area with more of a quantity of animals vs. quality of animals.

If you have any experience or info you would be willing to share, PM me or post up. Thanks for any help you may be willing to provide.

Thanks for all the replies!

Just kidding. I know how everyone is about sharing info about spots. I ended up picking the Smokey Mtn unit and after 5 days spent in there, I got real lucky and shot a decent deer (funky little 5 by 4), found a set of elk sheds, and found a couple of elk but just couldn't get them worked up enough this early to get them close enough for a shot. Hopefully it will get better as the month progresses. Also spent a little time soaking after hiking to try to help recover. Here is a couple of pics, Enjoy.

Attachments

• DSCN1074.JPG
    DSCN1074.JPG
    108.9 KB · Views: 501
  • DSCN1077.JPG
    DSCN1077.JPG
    218.6 KB · Views: 498
  • DSCN1083.JPG
    DSCN1083.JPG
    196.8 KB · Views: 483
It looks like you did just fine without anyones help. :) Sorry I've never hunted those zones. Very cool buck with your bow.

KICK ass last picture !!! :D :D

Nice deer and cool Sheds. Problem with your post was most of us that had any info was out hunting.. All the rest that were reading had no clue or they'd of been out hunting ;)

Good hunt and Awesome pics !!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otto247
Back